Thread: Install 10.04 netbook desktop on 10.10

Beans

Install 10.04 netbook desktop on 10.10

Hi

After getting 10.10 netbook edition to finally load on my acer aspire one and playing with Unity I thought I'd ask if anyone knows how to install the netbook desktop from 10.04 which was far better in my opinion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Install 10.04 netbook desktop on 10.10

Hi,
    You'll have to reinstall the 10.04 as I don't think Ubuntu lets you reverse a new version to an older version.
    Don't forget to backup your docs, vids, pics etc to external media 'cos a reinstall will wipe everything.

Beans

Maybe there is a way to install only the panel from the 10.04 netbook edition to the destop 10.10
    I kinda like having the destop... but i really mis the panel. Not to mention it makes room for stuff on a netbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaptera View Post
    Hi,
    You'll have to reinstall the 10.04 as I don't think Ubuntu lets you reverse a new version to an older version.
    Don't forget to backup your docs, vids, pics etc to external media 'cos a reinstall will wipe everything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I upgrade my Acer Aspre Ubuntu Netbook Remix from 10.04 to 10.10 and I am very disappointed. There are so many features not working. It looks like a beta release with so many issues to solve or improve.
    I want to go back to 10.04! Is a total re-install the only option?
    Thanks