Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with compiz ubuntu 10.10, window borders disappear

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Problem with compiz ubuntu 10.10, window borders disappear

Hello,

I just installed ubuntu 10.10 on my notebook, and I had a problem with compiz, it loses the windows borders, when i excecute

Code:
    compiz --replace

i get this output

Code:
    Starting gtk-window-decorator
    compiz: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/compiz/libdecoration.so: undefined symbol: decor_property_to_quads
    Does anyone know something about this problem?

Greetings

Beans

Re: Problem with compiz ubuntu 10.10, window borders disappear

I had this problem and fixed it by completely removing all compiz packages and then reinstalling them.

I think the problem resulted for me from using the Compiz Packagers PPA, so I made sure to remove that source so that the default compiz packages would be installed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tekmoor View Post
    I had this problem and fixed it by completely removing all compiz packages and then reinstalling them.

I think the problem resulted for me from using the Compiz Packagers PPA, so I made sure to remove that source so that the default compiz packages would be installed.
    Exactly. I had the same error message. I have found that libdecoration0 is form PPA and changed it to version 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu9. Works like a charm.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

thanks both!

I fix that issue, now compiz behaves better, but it's still without the window borders =/, it could be another package with a wrong version, but i had uninstalled all packages and remove them from the cache, so i don't know wich package could be

and also, i dont get this error message again

Quote Originally Posted by mahado051 View Post
    Code:
    Starting gtk-window-decorator
    compiz: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/compiz/libdecoration.so: undefined symbol: decor_property_to_quads
    thanks, i hope to solve this problem

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mahado051 View Post
    thanks both!

I fix that issue, now compiz behaves better, but it's still without the window borders =/, it could be another package with a wrong version, but i had uninstalled all packages and remove them from the cache, so i don't know wich package could be

and also, i dont get this error message again

thanks, i hope to solve this problem
    One solution I found, was to install "libdecoration0 v0.8.4" by Lucid and it worked very well, I got to reinstall the software

look, here you can find package
    https: / / launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/i386/libdecoration0/1 :0.8.4-0ubuntu4

Una solucion que encontre, fue instalar "libdecoration0 v0.8.4" de LUCID y me funciono muy bien, me toco reinstalar el soft

mira, aqui puedes encontrar el paquete
    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/i...0.8.4-0ubuntu4

I hope it works for you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had the same problem and I solved downgrading libdecoration0. Thanks!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Problema con Compiz en Ubuntu 10.10. Desaparecen bordes de ventana.

Muchas gracias por las ideas dadas, me han ayudado a solucionar el problema!

Ocurre que al instalar (o actualizar) ubuntu 10.10 y luego de instalar y configurar los efectos de escritorio con compiz al reiniciar desaparecieron los bordes de ventana y no era posible activar los efectos de escritorio. La solución:

Reinstalar compiz y sus dependencias forazando la versión 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu9(maverik) desde Synaptic (en lugar de dejar la 1:0.9.0)

Los archivos re-instalados fueron:

compiz 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu9(maverik)
    compizconfig-beckend-gconf 0.8.4-1ubuntu5
    compiz-plugins 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu9(maverik)
    compiz-core 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu9(maverik)
    compiz-fusion-plugins-main 0.8.6-0ubuntu2
    compiz-genome 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu9(maverik)
    libdecoration0 1:0.8.6-0ubuntu9(maverik)
    libcompizconifg0 0.8.4-0ubuntu3

Reinicié el servidor X (ctrl+alt+back) y todo volvió a funcionar perfecto). No sé a qué se deba el problema ni estoy seguro sobre volver a actualizar estos archivos, sin embargo ahora todo funciona bien. Espero les sea de ayuda a más personas. [Lo dejé en español porque no encontré más información en español en otros sitios]

Saludos.
    Carlos.

Beans

I had the same problem, and noticed I also had the Compiz Packagers PPA enabled, so I disabled it, removed all Compiz packages (including the fusion-icon and emerald), then refreshed the sources in Synaptic and reinstalled. So far it seems to work (the fusion-icon works, at least). I thought at first it was due to the Elementary theme, but from what I've read it doesn't seem to matter what theme is being used. Hopefully some of these tips will help others, because it was a huge pain in the neck while it didn't work.

Summary:

Disabled Compiz Packagers PPA in sources
    Removed all compiz packages (including fusion-icon and emerald)
    Refreshed sources in Synaptic
    Reloaded compiz (including fusion-icon and emerald)
    Re-enabled normal visual effects in System>Preferences>Appearance>Visual Effects

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by dan1701a View Post
    I had the same problem, and noticed I also had the Compiz Packagers PPA enabled, so I disabled it, removed all Compiz packages (including the fusion-icon and emerald), then refreshed the sources in Synaptic and reinstalled. So far it seems to work (the fusion-icon works, at least). I thought at first it was due to the Elementary theme, but from what I've read it doesn't seem to matter what theme is being used. Hopefully some of these tips will help others, because it was a huge pain in the neck while it didn't work.

Summary:

Disabled Compiz Packagers PPA in sources
    Removed all compiz packages (including fusion-icon and emerald)
    Refreshed sources in Synaptic
    Reloaded compiz (including fusion-icon and emerald)
    Re-enabled normal visual effects in System>Preferences>Appearance>Visual Effects

This does not work, I have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed through command line and have no other problems, looking for solutions to get Compiz working properly.

Beans

Re: Problema con Compiz en Ubuntu 10.10. Desaparecen bordes de ventana.

Thank you Carlos! for the tip of install those packages versions... my mistake was to use compiz ppa that comes in ubuntu tweak and re-install without cleaning the cache or update packages list

I've followed this steps:

- backed up my compiz configurations (I've worked a lot on them )
    - Deleted compiz ppa
    - purged all compiz packages
    - cleaned apt cache
    - updated packages list
    - installed compiz again
    - log out and log in
    - I was getting the ugly blue compiz window decoration so just opened gconf-editor and set apps/gwd/use_metacity_theme to TRUE.
    - restored my settings

et voilà I get back my beautiful maverick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast