Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: No Fullscreen Youtube in Ubuntu 10.10 using latest Google Chrome Stable

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: No Fullscreen Youtube in Ubuntu 10.10 using latest Google Chrome Stable

phew! works for me too! thanks for the lifesaving solution!

Beans

Re: Youtube fullscreen bug with dual monitors
    I HAVE THE SOLUTION for this problem, for everybody that has flash issues, when all embedded flash goes fullscreen on every site except youtube or googevideos. I HAVE THE SOLUTION for this problem, for everybody that has flash issues, when all embedded flash goes fullscreen on every site except youtube or googevideos.

I wish to christ i could have found this years ago... i have the same problem, main monitor is 1440x900, running an xfx geforce 7600gt, and everything but youtube works. flash/youtube/ubuntu=HUGE #$^@##@ headaches for years. i tried litterally hundreds of workarounds or fixes, HOURS of time trying to get the stupid flash fixed for more than 2 minutes, and not one single thing worked, ever, until now.t

ubuntu forums had been completely useless to me, in those endeavors, wasted much time for nothing, though, in fairness to the buntu, i fully acknowledge the fruitful efforts of the ubuntu team, the linux world has made HUGE strides forward since i started with slackware7. with ubuntu, the reality is that aside from arbitrary reference, i haven't needed the forums, everything but flash, some really obscure software, works like a charm, since the nvidia driver issues have been sorted.(btw, for me, the only way to install properly working nvidia drivers/nvidia settings/flashplugin is with apt from terminal after stopping gnome...not with synaptic from the desktop)

since nothing's ever worked for me, i didn't bother reading the thread, i'd be shocked if it was mentioned... anyway, after a routine cleaning/reinstallation of firefox i happened across this: http://www.addonfox.com/, which icludes some really good addons for firefox....also some bs, the converter, swifclick, and windowshopper addons pissed me off...

the real gem of that collection, which i had never found before is:

flashvideoreplacer 1.0.5

it "replaces embedded flash videos with quicktime or windows media player compatible videos." WHAT THAT MEANS IS IT COMPLETELY REPLACES THE WHOLE, STUPID, YOUTUBE/GOOGLEVIDEO GUI AND EMBEDS IN ITS PLACE MPLAYER.
    (in the preferences,the selection for plugin/mimeType, is "windows media player (application/x-mplayer2)

hall-o-fu#%ing-luja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the only thing that has ever worked for me, and it seems to be a really solid addon, so far as i can tell, not buggy, video looks great-not choppy, options exist to automatically choose the quality of youtube videos, choose cache size(default is 2megs), enable post processing, all the gnome mplayer interface settings, etc. it doesn't seem to change anything on any video sites except youtube/googlevideos, and optionally vimeo and blip.tv etc. only problem is i haven't been able to get the youtube playlist to autoplay the next vid.

if you are frustrated wit yt/google, try this. i can confir, it works with gnome mplayer on 10.04.1 LTS. i have every video and audio application i could find, though, not sure of the impact other packages have on mplayer/vice-versa.

hope this works for you, NO need to thank me if it does, but--

PLEASE
    PLEASE PLEASE help others when you have solutions.

god bless.

I wish to christ i could have found this years ago... i have the same problem, main monitor is 1440x900, running an xfx geforce 7600gt, and everything but youtube works. flash/youtube/ubuntu=HUGE #$^@##@ headaches for years. i tried litterally hundreds of workarounds or fixes, HOURS of time trying to get the stupid flash fixed for more than 2 minutes, and not one single thing worked, ever, until now.t

ubuntu forums had been completely useless to me, in those endeavors, wasted much time for nothing, though, in fairness to the buntu, i fully acknowledge the fruitful efforts of the ubuntu team, the linux world has made HUGE strides forward since i started with slackware7. with ubuntu, the reality is that aside from arbitrary reference, i haven't needed the forums, everything but flash, some really obscure software, works like a charm, since the nvidia driver issues have been sorted.(btw, for me, the only way to install properly working nvidia drivers/nvidia settings/flashplugin is with apt from terminal after stopping gnome...not with synaptic from the desktop)

anyway, after a routine cleaning/reinstallation of firefox i happened across this: http://www.addonfox.com/, which icludes some really good addons for firefox....also some bs, the converter, swifclick, and windowshopper addons pissed me off...

flashvideoreplacer 1.0.5

it "replaces embedded flash videos with quicktime or windows media player compatible videos." WHAT THAT MEANS IS IT COMPLETELY REPLACES THE WHOLE, STUPID, YOUTUBE/GOOGLEVIDEO GUI AND EMBEDS IN ITS PLACE MPLAYER.
    (in the preferences,the selection for plugin/mimeType, is "windows media player (application/x-mplayer2)

hall-o-fu#%ing-luja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the only thing that has ever worked for me, and it seems to be a really solid addon, so far as i can tell, not buggy, video looks great-not choppy, options exist to automatically choose the quality of youtube videos, choose cache size(default is 2megs), enable post processing, all the gnome mplayer interface settings, etc. it doesn't seem to change anything on any video sites except youtube/googlevideos, and optionally vimeo and blip.tv etc. only problem is i haven't been able to get the youtube playlist to autoplay the next vid.

if you are frustrated wit yt/google, try this. i can confir, it works with gnome mplayer on 10.04.1 LTS. i have every video and audio application i could find, though, not sure of the impact other packages have on mplayer/vice-versa.

PLEASE

god bless.I HAVE THE SOLUTION for this problem, for everybody that has flash issues, when all embedded flash goes fullscreen on every site except youtube or googevideos.

anyway, after a routine cleaning/reinstallation of firefox i happened across this: http://www.addonfox.com/, which icludes some really good addons for firefox....also some bs, the converter, swifclick, and windowshopper addons pissed me off...

flashvideoreplacer 1.0.5

i realise that your problem is with chrome, but this is THE solution for the same problem in firefox, and i'm trying to get this info out there...

this is the only thing that has ever worked for me
    , and it seems to be a really solid addon, so far as i can tell, not buggy, video looks great-not choppy, options exist to automatically choose the quality of youtube videos, choose cache size(default is 2megs), enable post processing, all the gnome mplayer interface settings, etc. it doesn't seem to change anything on any video sites except youtube/googlevideos, and optionally vimeo and blip.tv etc. only problem is i haven't been able to get the youtube playlist to autoplay the next vid.

PLEASE

god bless.

Beans

sudo mkdir /etc/adobe
    sudo su
    sudo echo \"OverrideGPUValidation = 1\" >> /etc/adobe/mms.cfg

Beautiful fix, 3dgard. Thank you for posting it. I've been plagued by this problem for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by iferbas View Post
    i solve it!!!

just right cick on the video (configure flash) go to setting and then click on local storage and drag it to ilimit and that's it! full screen works perfectly... please post this on any ubuntu forums to help with this problem
    I already used the above fix. If this also works, I wonder what the overarching explanation is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

thank you! 10.10 here.

sudo mkdir /etc/adobe
    sudo su

works well

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks dude! Worked a treat! Much appreciated!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 3dgard View Post
    Hey guys! I had the same problem, and I found the solution!

Code:
    sudo mkdir /etc/adobe 
    sudo su 
    The solution was posted on the following website:

http://www.noobrescue.com/blog/flash...n-ubuntu-10-10
    This was the fix for me too. thanks

Beans

I am running Mint 10 64bit and this halfway solved my problem. In Firefox: When I go to Youtbube, the video isn't there, the controls don' show etc. If I click the lower right side of the screen, where the full screen button would be if I could see it, I can get it to go full screen, then I see it. It will not play in lower size.
    However, using Opera, all flash works right the first time.

Beans

Does anyone have any idea on this? ON Mint 9 it's fine, but Mint 10 I can't get Youtube to work normally.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by 3dgard View Post
    Hey guys! I had the same problem, and I found the solution!

Code:
    sudo mkdir /etc/adobe 
    sudo su 
    The solution was posted on the following website:

http://www.noobrescue.com/blog/flash...n-ubuntu-10-10
    Perfect! Excellent solution

Beans

This worked for me:

PHP Code:
    #Install "CompizConfig Settings Manager"
    sudo bash  # root shell
    apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

# While you're in the shell, I recommend...

# Install extra plugins. The 'burn' effect is awesome and should be the
    # default window close animation.
    apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra 
    Then go to System > Preferences > CompizConfig Settings Manager

...and activate the plugin "Video Playback".

This worked with my integrated Intel Video chip in an HP Pavilion DV4000. My symptom was that Youtube video would freeze up when switched to fullscreen, but Hulu.com worked fullscreen.

This plugin must flip some OpenGL setting, because after activating this Hulu.com went from being choppy with low fps to smooth and T.V.-like (and YouTube went from freezing to working smoothly).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast