Thread: Netbeans not there anymore

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Netbeans not there anymore

Well,

yesterday i installed netbeans (all) on my computer and now it is gone! I didn't do anything but shutting down my computer and turning it back on today.
    There used to be a path "Anwendungen"(right upper corner) -> "Entwicklung"(development) -> Netbeans but, well there is not even the devellopement-part anymore.
    What could it be? Netbeans worked perfectly fine yesterday!

update: I got it back running by just trying about every file i found in the folder, but i have to run the filein the folder but what happened to the shortcut i spoke about earlier?

thanks for your time and help.
    Last edited by nearlymagicman; October 11th, 2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Netbeans not there anymore

Hey dude, a system update could've caused it, as well as a broken installation. I say redownload from netbeans.org, and reinstall it. (I don't use the software center version because it seems to be more buggy then the official one).

If you have trouble installing that version, just reply again.
    If netbeans disappears again after rebooting make sure that there is nothing that resets your system to a previous version.

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

if netbeans is installed but the menu is missing, well create it: right click on "Applications" in the menu bar -> edit the menu -> click on "programmation -> new menu, then fill the name and path, that it.

Beans
    Distro

But it kinda seems to be installed, at least there is the netbeans folder usr/local/netbeans but there is no way of starting it, no .deb or smth like that. Just a .exe but well, that won't work with ubuntu, would it? But at least there is a deinstall.sh, but i guess that wont help getting it back running.
    Exe files are executable files for all OS.
    You can mostly run any .exe file with typing wine "xxx.exe" in the terminal.
    Some exe files don't even need wine, just make sure its marked as executeable (rightclick, properities, permissions, executeable) and then you can run it! (Double click)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The creating shortcut tip helped, i did and now it is (well, duh) there again, but i am still worked up why it did dissappear in the first place. Any clues?

Beans
    Distro

I also had this issue with the 10.10 maverick beta. I guess its based on the new application center having issues with the gnome menu.