Thread: Maverik Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking Maverik Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)

I have installed Maverik Meerkat, yesterday evening with no obvious problems. The system is working beautifully! If anyone has problems with it, please define any here, as I might be able to fix them or if not, they will be highlighted for others to fix.

I'm on a Linux Open University Course (T155) (UK) which run's for ten weeks and is only considered an Introduction to Linux using Ubuntu 10.04 as the model to work with and DSL via a VirtualBox environment - certainly throws up a lot of problems with VB...Eventually we get to build a web-server - that will be fun!
    Last edited by terabyte1; October 11th, 2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Terabyte1

Non sibi sed omnibus = "Not for oneself but for all."

Beans

Re: Maverik Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)

Oh boy oh boy...

Just installed 10.10 in VirtualBox OSE under 10.04 but I cannot get the Guest Additions to install, keep getting an error about the X-manager (did a search and apparently X has been updated in 10.10 and VirtualBox doesn't play well with it...)

Ran a fix from a search I did in Google which didn't work :/

Any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Maverik Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)

Quote Originally Posted by terabyte1 View Post
    I have installed Maverik Meerkat, yesterday evening with no obvious problems. The system is working beautifully! If anyone has problems with it, please define any here, as I might be able to fix them or if not, they will be highlighted for others to fix.

I'm on a Linux Open University Course (T155) (UK) which run's for ten weeks and is only considered an Introduction to Linux using Ubuntu 10.04 as the model to work with and DSL via a VirtualBox environment - certainly throws up a lot of problems with VB...Eventually we get to build a web-server - that will be fun!
    Nice idea ...

Trouble being that replies to different people will get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by nlsthzn View Post
    Oh boy oh boy...

Just installed 10.10 in VirtualBox OSE under 10.04 but I cannot get the Guest Additions to install, keep getting an error about the X-manager (did a search and apparently X has been updated in 10.10 and VirtualBox doesn't play well with it...)

Ran a fix from a search I did in Google which didn't work :/

Any ideas?
    This is covered in the Known Maverick Meerkat issues/bugs with workarounds sticky - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1588889

Thread closed.