Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10.10 Maverick boot splash problem

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: 10.10 Maverick boot splash problem

Another thing I want to mention is that I did an upgrade to Maverick from Lucid and my Grub was "different". There were a lot of things
    in there I hadn't seen before. Then I did a clean install when the RC came out and what a difference! My grub2 was fresh and I didn't
    need to do a whole lot, except make the changes in my tutorial and I was back to being a happy camper.

That was my first attempt at an upgrade and I am sticking with fresh clean installs from now on.

Beans

Tried all the above tutorials (most of them are duplicates anyway) but I still get the big ugly logo. I guess it doesn’t really matter, it would just be nice if Ubuntu actually worked properly with the proprietary drivers.

Beans

Hey guys ... install Startup-manager from Synaptic and choose higher resolutions from there ... it's a lot easier than the cmd line edits and it actually works!
    Nothing beats the durability and quality of the Thinkpad put together with the brilliance and stability of Ubuntu Linux!

Thinkpad T30, T40, T41p, T42, T43, T60, T61, R50, R61, Z61M, X31 ... all love Ubuntu!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234