Thread: The Right College

Beans

The Right College

Hi all,

I'm interested in majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering. I live in South Carolina and I'm looking for what schools you all recommend I look into for this subject.

I'd prefer somewhere relatively close, and a university that could give a *full* ride (I'm #1 in my class, very smart and hardworking). Companies I aspire to work for include Google, Canonical, and Microsoft.

What are your thoughts?

Some schools that have caught my attention:
    • Duke
    • Auburn
    • Clemson
    • Georgia Tech
    • NC State

Feel free to comment on those listed above if you have input on them, as well.
    Last edited by chandler_bailey4; October 12th, 2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: added current list

Beans

Re: The Right College

G8 information

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

RIT is a very good school.

Beans

The University of South Carolina has programs up through the Ph.D. in both Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. You could attend it at the in-state tuition rates.

If you want to get a little farther away from home, North Carolina State at Raleigh has long been a noted engineering, science, and technology institution. A bit farther north is Virginia Polytechnic University, also a fine EST institution.

As the #1 student in your class, it would be worth your time to try for scholarships to MIT and CalTech.