Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it legal/okay to sell Ubuntu/Linux CDs you got for free?

Beans

Is it legal/okay to sell Ubuntu/Linux CDs you got for free?

I just found this on ebay, was just looking around.
    http://search.ebay.com/ubuntu_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

~Alan

Beans

Re: Ubuntu on Ebay

I guess that's good for people that are on dialup and don't want to download it. I just can't get back into the dialup mindset though.
    --Join the march for individuality!

Rancoras
    Linux User #64203

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by amoser
    I just found this on ebay, was just looking around.
    http://search.ebay.com/ubuntu_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

~Alan
    smfh

for someone without broadband buying free distro cd's might be cool but cmon one guy wants 5 dollars shipping and .99 for the CD

one guy has a bunch of different distros for 5 bucks which is cool

im glad i have blanks and broadband- but if I didnt Ubuntu would mail me 10 free

poptones Guest

Five bucks is reasonable. It seems a bit tacky taking something given to you and selling it - but then, how many wedding gifts do you think end up on ebay?

Five bucks to pack up an envelope, address it, send it off... and then you still have to pay paypal and the ebay listing. That's a lot more work than I'd be willing to do for five bucks. Times are hard, and some people really need money.

Beans

It costs about 1.29 to ship that in the US, and 30 cents to put it on ebay. Those people must be desperate...
    ---> Pointing in the Right Direction

poptones Guest

30 cents to put it on ebay PLUS another thirty cents a pop to paypal + 2.9% of five bucks. By the time you cover postage and service charges it's an awful lot of trouble to earn a measly three bucks.

I sold a CD on ebay once. I thought of selling all my CDs but after seeing how much trouble it was to sell just one I gave up. Just going through all those forms to setup the ad is more trouble than five bucks is worth to me. If someone is willing to do all that for so little money, they must need it - enough that I'm not going to find fault with them over the matter.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Infatuated_iPod
    It costs about 1.29 to ship that in the US, and 30 cents to put it on ebay. Those people must be desperate...
    alot of people are running those ebay home businesses in a box - where it teaches them to buy stuff or get it free and sell it on ebay for any amount of profit - half of the infomercials on tv at night are about that crap
    some moron will buy one of those cds and resell it on ebay
    lmao @ hightech idiocy
    that is desperation though
    Thanks to our glorious leader GW for bringing such as glorious economic revolution.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto
    Thanks to our glorious leader GW for bringing such as glorious economic revolution.
    funny quote. though i am not sure what you mean. i am not mad or anything, i just am not sure how GW is helping people sell gnu/linux on ebay.

btw i am no gw supporter, just wondering.
    Cheerful Ghost - build your game list, write about awesome games and share that with the world. join us!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jdodson
    funny quote. though i am not sure what you mean. i am not mad or anything, i just am not sure how GW is helping people sell gnu/linux on ebay.

btw i am no gw supporter, just wondering.
    I was thanking the glorious leader for making the economy so great that the multitudes have the privilege of selling free objects in order to make 50 cents.

It was more of an after comment regarding desparation exhibited by people selling something offered freely on ubuntu's website. I dont support GW either but he doesn't need my help it seems.
    56million people other than me think he's the greatest
    Heil George!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

People will make a buck where they can.

Also, <3 Bush.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast