Thread: Samsung CLP-610NP CORRECT Setup

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Unhappy Samsung CLP-610NP CORRECT Setup

I have been a member for years and I am trying to finally get rid of Win7 and was able to get my new Epson GT-S50 to work perfectly, but I can not get my Samsung CLP-610ND to work correctly.

I have it installed but it does not print out in color and sometimes I send a job and it does nothing.

I am NOT an expert at command line, I did search online how to install it and followed the prompts, add printer, searched and found it, then selected my model and it prints but again only in b&w.

I checked and cups is installed ... so I am now at a losse.

I really want to toss Win7 out the door so anyone that can point me to a real step by step for this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Unhappy Re: Samsung CLP-610NP CORRECT Setup

Sorry I have 11.04 and I really can't believe something as simple as a printer is this hard to do. I have build custom PC's for 15+ years and been dabbling in Ubuntu for years and if I can't figure this out how will the general public.

I also need to be schooled on various ways to install software, if anyone has a link to the basis, 101 of installation I will surely review that as well.

Thanks again.

Beans

Re: Samsung CLP-610NP CORRECT Setup

This is the thread you need to read

HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver by tweedledee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Samsung CLP-610NP CORRECT Setup

Thanks but it is not where to go. There are NO clear one by one instructions and it includes changes to files, command prompt work, etc.

Point of Ubuntu is to make it more like Win/Mac and with them all you do it click and .exe file, should be as simple or more simple in Ubuntu.

I can't continue to spend hours and hours to try to just get a printer to work ... that is not how an OS is going to catch on if ever.

Also, things should be simple, a simple post with steps that are numbered.

Anyone tell me they can find that here to show them exactly how to do what I posted?

15 years I have build computers, been running Ubuntu files servers for years and dabbled for over 5 in Linux, want to embrace it but things like this are totally frustrating and way to time consuming.

Someone help please.

Thanks,