Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DR17 Enlightenment EFL goes BETA! Enlightenment due to be 1.0 final by end of year!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

DR17 Enlightenment EFL goes BETA! Enlightenment due to be 1.0 final by end of year!

I can hardly wait! I am already using enlightenment so!

http://www.osnews.com/story/23863/EF...nd_of_the_Year

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: DR17 Enlightenment EFL goes BETA! Enlightenment due to be 1.0 final by end of yea

Nifty! Going to recompile my SVN install now.

~Jeff

Beans

Re: DR17 Enlightenment EFL goes BETA! Enlightenment due to be 1.0 final by end of yea

Ahh fantastic! My fave looking desktop has always been Enlightenment, fave themed desktop is E17 with Grunge theme. Awesome win.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Maybe finally more people will begin developing apps with the Elementary toolkit. A happy day indeed.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

excellent, glad it didn't become yet another abandoned project; I hadn't heard about it for quite a while before this.
    I had to do it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Re: DR17 Enlightenment EFL goes BETA! Enlightenment due to be 1.0 final by end of yea

They advertise Enlightenment's performance on older hardware. Can someone say how it fares to it's more plain competition such as OpenBox/Fluxbox? I wouldn't mind some eye candy on 256 megs of RAM...
    Eternally confused.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

First Duke Nukem Forever, now Enlightenment 1.0 is announced (for the second time).. what next, that leaves HURD and GRUB2 stable rather alone in the vaporware department.
    On strike during the Oneiric cycle due to ungratefulness of Ubuntu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by blueturtl View Post
    They advertise Enlightenment's performance on older hardware. Can someone say how it fares to it's more plain competition such as OpenBox/Fluxbox? I wouldn't mind some eye candy on 256 megs of RAM...
    I had Macpup zooming along on a 64mb ram Dell laptop. 256 would be fine.

Note, Macpup is not particularly stable. Tbh.... Puppy wasn't particularly stable... But it runs on tiny hardware

Beans

For memory usage on my system it is that of lxde and almost the same as openbox.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeuser View Post
    First Duke Nukem Forever, now Enlightenment 1.0 is announced (for the second time).. what next, that leaves HURD and GRUB2 stable rather alone in the vaporware department.
    *shudder* with all the vaporware solidifying recently, I'd rather not loose that bet with HURD....
    Last edited by Dustin2128; October 5th, 2010 at 05:46 AM.
    I had to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast