Thread: pidgin issues on 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

pidgin blank message window - issues on 10.04

Hello!

I have some issues with pidgin on ubuntu 10.04.
    It seems I've always had them, as my issues happen on the ubuntu repo's version as well as the latest on the pidgin PPA...

1- When I close a conversation/message window it, sometimes, leaves a blank window with the name of the contact. If I close that window pidgin crashes, leaving a "Segmentation fault" message if started from a terminal. I'm attaching a screenshot of the blank message window

2- Even when "tabbed conversations" are disabled, pidgin still groups some conversations on tabs, although not all of them..! Is there any way to force this setting? If I enable and then disable it still seems to ignore my preference.

3- If I uninstall pidgin and remove leftover files through ubuntu tweak, when I reinstall it my settings seem to have been kept somewhere...which folders should I remove in order to clear all settings??

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blitzxp; October 3rd, 2010 at 12:31 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Re: pidgin issues on 10.04

Should I file a bug report about this? Where can I gather more info about the problem?? I've found nothing searching on these forums or googlin' around ..

Beans

Re: pidgin issues on 10.04

I have exactly the same problem.
    I tried to unmark the "show formatation in the received messages", let's see if this will work.