Thread: Tab colors in gnome terminal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Tab colors in gnome terminal

I was using KDE in Fedora and only recently switched to Ubuntu(almost 2 months ago) and already loving it

One particular feature that I loved from KDE terminal(konsole) was that in a terminal which had multiple tabs opened, as soon as there was some activity in that Tab, the Tab changed color from default black to purple

That helped me alot to make out whether a command completed (because of prompt returning activity) or logs generated (new lines coming up in tailf) etc

Is there any such feature in gnome terminal ??

It's really annoying to issue command which take long time to complete (cp, dd etc) and then switch Tabs again and again to see if it finished or not
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mark it [SOLVED] if the issue has been resolved

Beans

Re: Tab colors in gnome terminal

The Xfce terminal has that feature too. Even when using Gnome, I install most of the Xfce tools because they flat out work better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Tab colors in gnome terminal

I tried to install konsole-kde4 but it gave me error that it's not available and referred to by some other package and is replaced by konsole.

Did 'apt-get install konsole' and that was it. I got what I wanted.

Thanks Simian for suggesting the installation of another terminal emulator. Else, I could have spent dayz trying to achieve it from within Gnome terminal
    Last edited by luvshines; September 29th, 2010 at 11:48 PM.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mark it [SOLVED] if the issue has been resolved