Thread: Thread closing - no reasonable response

Beans

Thread closing - no reasonable response

Hello,

I recently posted my first post on Ubuntuforums (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1584194) asking a reasonable question that wasn't answered previously for another user, and the thread was closed. Please refer to it.

Now an admin closed my own thread (second time he/she does so, without providing an answer to the question itself), obviously leaving my question unanswered. I wasn't asking for the reasons behind the change, nor I was asking for the rules of some website I barely visit, but asking about a change of behaviour on my installation of Ubuntu 10.04.

Just FYI, I'm not closing my web browser (google chrome) before checking the files, nor changed any kinds of permissions. Frankly, I've never been inclined in downloading YouTube videos, so please stop pointing out the rules of said site, and instead, provide your users a reasonable response. As a pointer for "CharlesA", this can generally be achieved by not being an internet ******* for no particular reason.

Thank you for your time.

Beans

Re: Thread closing - no reasonable response

We require you to refrain from posting and requesting illegal material or material that may be contrary to another web sites terms of use. Please refer the Forum Code of conduct.

Also we require you to treat our staff with respect at all times and that includes posts in this section. To that end I am giving you an infraction for your post here.

The action of staff in this matter was in line with the rules of this Forum.
    This account is not active.

Beans

What illegal material? What are you talking about? There's hundreds of sites that don't preclude you from downloading their flash videos (YouTube isn't the only site with flash videos you know?). I personally used this fashion to save anime videos - this behaviour suddenly changed and I posted asking about it. I just wanted a simple answer!

I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume I'm out there stealing videos.

Beans

It was explained to you previously concerning the You Tube terms of use. Staff also provided these.
    I am not about to repeat these again.

I have stated the Ubuntu Forums position and I have answered you post here. You need to address your attitude or I will take further action.

Beans

Thanks for your useless response. Given your 0% helpfulness and inexistent response to my question, I'm never coming back here. Infract me as much as you want.

Time to give LMDE a try.

Beans

As you wish

Good bye