Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multi-Partition Help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Multi-Partition Help.

And also, if I don't have a Ubuntu on a separate partition; then where is it?

And how do I remove it until I have the stuff for it to have it fully installed over Windows 7 later on?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

*cough* sorry, fall giving me troubles. =P

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by phizikal View Post
    And also, if I don't have a Ubuntu on a separate partition; then where is it?
    As cj.surrusco has said, it appears you've got a WUBI install, which means that Linux installs itself in a file in a Windows partition rather than to its own partition. I'm not too familiar with WUBI, so I can't tell you how to verify this configuration, but clearly there's no Linux partition on your disk. (If you've got another hard disk, though, now's the time to tell us; Linux could be there.)

And how do I remove it until I have the stuff for it to have it fully installed over Windows 7 later on?
    If you don't care about your current Linux installation, don't worry about it; it'll be wiped out when you delete the Windows partitions. If you've got any data you want to back up from your current Linux installation, though, you should back it up to an external disk or a network-accessible computer before you re-install Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Exclamation Re: Multi-Partition Help.

Ok, i changed my mind. I wanna keep Win7 on my laptop & add ubuntu onto my desktop for max performance.

How do I remove the Wubi or whatever off my laptop, it's kind of causing some weaksauce problems on my lappy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Check the uninstallation section here. You uninstall it just like any other program.
    ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO//AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 3.6ghz//Crucial BallistiX 4GB @ 1700mhz//PNY Quadro NVS 290//RAID 0/5
    If you want stuff done right, do it yourself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

In Windows right click on My Computer --> Manage --> Disk Management, and shrink your Windows partition. Ubuntu really only needs 30G. A swap partition really isn't needed unless you have under 2G of RAM. Keep in mind you're not copying the .iso to a disk. In Windows or Ubuntu right click on it and select "Write to Disc". When it's burnt and your partition is resized (And wubi is uninstalled and your files are backed up), put that disc in your tray, restart your computer and press whichever F key the BIOS menu's tell you to press to select your boot device or whatever it says.
    Last edited by Serpher; September 29th, 2010 at 03:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12