Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOWTO: Set up RSS support for Transmission 1.93

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: Set up RSS support for Transmission 1.93

Just came across this, and mildly excited someone else is using transmission with flexget!! Nice guide too.
    I have issues with transmission, and flexget integration

I had flexget working with deluged (daemon) on my headless 10.04 64bit server, and it (flexget) passed torrents directly to deluge, which would download them, and nicely sort them into folders (say TV/show/season/episode.avi). Wonderful.
    BUT, deluged was painfully slow downloading (maybe 200KB if I was lucky, usually much less), even after following wiki and posts to optimise it, so I wanted to try transmission. I then installed transmission-daemon and it chugs down at my capped 1500KB rate smoothly by default! So really want to stick to it, but I have issues:
    - cannot use the transmissionrpc plugin for flexget. I easy_install it, seems fine, but always get 'unknown plugin' for it. Tried 5 different ways to config it from wiki, cookbook and other user posts, which all supposedly work. Wrong path?
    - transmission won't move completed downloads to the download folder. I set it up to use temp folder, it does, then leave 100% files there, even after seeding to ratio. Enabled in config. Have seen a commend to remove them, but need to know how to work it in nicely.
    - some downloaded files complete and then just pause (???)
    - transmission won't remove torrent files from watch directory if just put in there by nautilus, or flexget etc. Will remove if added from the GUI though (I have a basic gnome desktop on my server to VNC in to). Config error?
    - not sure if removewhendone is an option for 1.93. The below tvnamer script can move files out, but they're left in the GUI to be manually deleted. That's crap.

Anyway, and advice on any issue would be much appreciated!!

Also, recommend looking at tvnamer as an addon to rename files. Works a treat! And cam copy to another drive also, and file in appropriate structure. Not perfect script yet, but damn nice start. I used webmin to set up cron jobs for flexget & tvnamer regularly.

Please help me get flexget & transmission working properly!!
    Ta.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sjhupp View Post
    I have issues with transmission, and flexget integration

- cannot use the transmissionrpc plugin for flexget. I easy_install it, seems fine, but always get 'unknown plugin' for it. Tried 5 different ways to config it from wiki, cookbook and other user posts, which all supposedly work. Wrong path?
    The "Unknown plugin" error was from FlexGet? Maybe you tried to use transmission plugin with old name (transmissionrpc). It was renamed from "transmissionrpc" to "transmission" to better match naming convention. It quite possible that the old name is still used in some places ...

Beans
    Distro

Yep, flexget error. I did try both transmission and transmissionrpc, but neither work for me.
    May have to go back to deluge, and try and work out how to get reasonable speeds with it.

Beans
    Distro

PC had a problem and triple posted, sorry
    Last edited by sjhupp; January 21st, 2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: duplicate post

Beans
    Distro

PC had a problem and triple posted, sorry
    Last edited by sjhupp; January 21st, 2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: duplicate post

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sjhupp View Post
    Yep, flexget error. I did try both transmission and transmissionrpc, but neither work for me.
    May have to go back to deluge, and try and work out how to get reasonable speeds with it.
    Sounds a bit odd. We're happy to help you to resolve the issue in IRC (freenode #FlexGet) or alternatively you can create a help ticket in http://flexget.com.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by paranoidi View Post
    Sounds a bit odd. We're happy to help you to resolve the issue in IRC (freenode #FlexGet) or alternatively you can create a help ticket in http://flexget.com.
    Thanks paranoidi, your help was much appreciated, very happy to have things appearing to work now!

Quick update for anyone reading:

Plugin seems happy now after I easy_install --upgrade flexget to the latest version (r1889) and deleted the database file. I will set a few transmission options and try on some files that match, and add any followup relevant.
    I love flexget!

Beans
    Hidden!

First of all, let me thank you for you excellent how to

only thing missing for me at least is a final-useful version of the config.yml so I'm going to post one:

Code:
    presets:
      tv:
        download: yes
        exists_series: /...path.../Series/
        series:
          hdtv:
          - Pioneer One
          - Foo1
          - Foo2
          720p:
          - Foo3
          - Foo4

set:
          path: /...path.../Series/{{series_name}}/
        transmission:
          host: localhost
          port: 9091
          username: xxxxxx
          password: xxxxxx
          addpaused: No

feeds:
      ezRSS:
        rss: http://ezrss.it/feed/
        preset: tv

BT-Chat:
        rss: http://rss.bt-chat.com/?group=3&cat=9/

The Pirate Bay - TV shows:
        rss: http://rss.thepiratebay.se/205
    Just copy - paste this code to your config.yml and mind while you edit not to put any TABs and keep double spaces.

Keep on rocking!
    Last edited by xhaos; March 8th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.

Beans

xhaos, grate I have 2 questions

a) will it or is it possible to de episodes to series_season catalog?

b) Have anyone tried using "thetvdb_favorites" instead of Series?

Edit, I seam to have a more basic problem. GetRss is saying that it is downloading but no files get pased to transmission.
    Last edited by Fredrik_b; August 17th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12