Thread: How to correctly install Tally ERP ?

Beans

Unhappy How to correctly install Tally ERP ?

Ihave installed Ubuntu Ultimate 2.7, also ihave updated wine 1.3, can anybody guide me how to install Tally ERP9, becuase I have Installed it but I am unable to open it it I am get message can't load odbc32dll, I have instal unixODBC2.3.0 pls guide me exactly as to what should I do?

Beans

Re: How to correctly install Tally ERP ?

Hope my following information will help you:-

The installation process is changed in Tally. ERP9. Here is a brief detail about installation process.
    1. Make sure you have the sr. no. , key and email address with you.
    2. Go to site of Tally and download the latest version.
    3. Run install file and install it in seperate folder.
    4. Surrender the earlier version of Tally9.
    5. Follow the steps mentioned in this slide show

Beans

Re: How to correctly install Tally ERP 9 ?

Beans

[QUOTE=Sonu1588;9891567]Ihave installed Ubuntu Ultimate 2.7, also ihave updated wine 1.3, can anybody guide me how to install Tally ERP9, becuase I have Installed it but I am unable to open it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Sonu1588 View Post
    Ihave installed Ubuntu Ultimate 2.7, also ihave updated wine 1.3, can anybody guide me how to install Tally ERP9, becuase I have Installed it but I am unable to open it it I am get message can't load odbc32dll, I have instal unixODBC2.3.0 pls guide me exactly as to what should I do?
    basically i am not an accounts guy, but being a fan of ubuntu, i keep trying windows softwares that run under wine so that i can make more people aware of ubuntu and its versatility & stability...

coming to tally erp 9, i have tried it but with wine 1.2. now i am using 1.3 and havent tried it. (i tried in educational mode, created a dummy company and tried to edit access data, save it and try the same data folder on another windows machine just to cross check...

it was functioning perfect but only problem is i could not access the data folder over the lan. (i used tally erp edu mode on maverick/wine 1.2) i succeeded in mapping the drive from win machine to my ubuntu and editing data path, still i got error messages.

when the data folder was copied and pasted to .wine/tally... i could work.

FOLLOW THIS STEP:

donlt simply copy an installed tally folder to ubuntu and try executing the executable with wine.

click on the tally installer and execute it to wine so wine will configure with local windows system thats generated... this must be the hitch !! many people simply copy the tally folder and execute it thru wine (7.2 was running like this)
    Ubuntu + Linux = UbunTux !!! Gr8 combo !!!

Beans

I am using wine latest version 1.3 its correct.
    Tally ERP9 is working good

thanks to Ubuntu team

Great

Cheers !!!!!!