Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [REQUEST] Modified Radiance Theme for Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: [REQUEST] Modified Radiance Theme for Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ddonohu2 View Post
    To edit the border thickness of themes I do the following; open the terminal, go to the theme's directory (in this case I typed "cd /usr/share/themes/Radiance/metacity-1"), open the themes metacity file (sudo gedit metacity-theme-1.xml), edit left and right width values in the "General window layout" section from this:
    <!-- General window layout -->
    <frame_geometry name="frame_geometry_normal" title_scale="medium" rounded_top_left="true" rounded_top_right="true" rounded_bottom_left="true" rounded_bottom_right="true">
    <distance name="left_width" value="1"/>
    <distance name="right_width" value="1"/>
    to this:
    <!-- General window layout -->
    <frame_geometry name="frame_geometry_normal" title_scale="medium" rounded_top_left="true" rounded_top_right="true" rounded_bottom_left="true" rounded_bottom_right="true">
    <distance name="left_width" value="5"/>
    <distance name="right_width" value="5"/>
    and save and exit gedit.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks ddonohu2 for pointing me to the right place. I changed the widths to 10 just for grins. The side borders are indeed wider, but they show a gradient in color from top to bottom. To fix that I think I'll check out the Agate-theme XML to see how to use png images for borders.

At any rate, this is a heck of a lot easier than editing Msstyles files.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: [REQUEST] Modified Radiance Theme for Ubuntu

lol, I after I read this I changed mine to ten to see what it was like. I noticed earlier that the borders became an unpleasant grey colour when widened so I changed the "metacity-theme-1" Window frames and bottom border sections to look like this.

<!-- Window Frames -->

<draw_ops name="draw_frame">
    <rectangle color="#e0d6ba" x="0" y="0" width="width" height="height" filled="true"/>
    </draw_ops>

<!--bottom border-->
    <draw_ops name="bottom_edge">
    <rectangle color="#e0d6ba" x="0" y="0" width="width" height="height" filled="true"/>
    </draw_ops>
    The border this creates isn't a great looking alternative but I've hit the limit of my theme editing know-how, hopefully you'll have more luck using .png files.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12