Thread: Install Gnome Nanny

Beans

Install Gnome Nanny

Hi all,

I have difficulty in running Gnome Nanny in Lubuntu 10.04. Installation is easy just by adding repository and do sudo apt-get install. But clicking on "Parental Control" resulting in nothing and I do not know how to change the setting for example, email only and no browing?

I think Gnome Nanny is user friendly and suit my purpose to stop user access to browser internet but email only through zimbra. Any other suggestion than Gnome Nanny?

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

Beans

Re: Install Gnome Nanny

Hi all,

Bumping this one as I have got the same issue.

Used to work fine in 9.10, restricted my sons internet/pc access perfectley.

Have upgraded (clean install) to 10.04 reinstalled Gnome net-nanny and hit the same issue as the OP ie:

Nanny install fine.
    Appears in the administration menu (and icon in the launcher to show it's on)
    Whe you try to open it to perform administration tasks it's says it's opening....then nothing..doesn't even show in task list as running??

Anyone help here?

Beans

Hi,

It is weird, when I tried on other lubuntu 10.04 system, it works! Probably, the problem is that I upgrade my previous lubuntu system. Hence, I upgrade the packages to be up to date, Nanny becomes not working ;(

Any other idea?

thx,

Daniel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Bump
    Last edited by Consecrated; October 31st, 2010 at 03:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Ubuntu 10.10 64bit

I am having problems with Gnome Nanny Parental Controls 2.29.4-0ubuntu4 (nanny) while I am working with an updated version of Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. I have Firefox 3.6.12 and Chrome 6.0.47 as my web-browsers.

Gnome Nanny won't block the whole Internet outside of the hour zones. Sites like Yahoo mail become inoperable, but sites like Yahoo home page will still work. I want the whole Internet to go down outside of the hours when I designated Internet access. Do I need to add them to the blacklist/allow-list somehow?

Please Help Thanks!