Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is my photography good or bad?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Is my photography good or bad?

So I kinda want to be a photographer but I never took a class. I have a lot of ideas in mind that I like to take photos of.
    My little sister took some of the photos and I took some of my own.

What do you think about them?

http://dailybooth.com/AdrianTheNerd

Beans

Re: Is my photography good or bad?

I'm no photographer, or even artist, but from my layman's perspective, I think you should try to say something (such as a story) with your photos. Right now I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by JDShu View Post
    I'm no photographer, or even artist, but from my layman's perspective, I think you should try to say something (such as a story) with your photos. Right now I'm not sure what I'm looking at.
    Lol, I just started. But good point.

Beans

A lot of geeky personality in this photos. You should try to take pictures of other things and places besides your self

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Is this to put on eHarmony or something? Don't most photographers just take photos of trees and turn them black and white or something?

Beans

Post Re: Is my photography good or bad?

@ Legendary_Bibo, Actually photography is way more then just turning photos in black/white lol But if you not one of them, you wouldn't understand I guess. Its capturing the moment in time, which can never be the same or brought back.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

"Photography is the art of creating your world through your viewfinder and excluding and ignoring all else around".

Heard that from the mouth of Ansel Adams.

"When people start putting your work on the wall instead of the refrigerator, you have become a photographer."

Heard that from the stage at the Nikon School.

Otherwise .. start shooting and have fun . Today's digital cameras have made that easy and a LOT less expensive than in the days of film. AND with today's software, you can be creative on top of that .. darkroom in your computer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I mean no offence by this, but they seem rather myspace-esque. Maybe try for subjects other than yourself? Animals and plants maybe?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TuxLyn View Post
    @ Legendary_Bibo, Actually photography is way more then just turning photos in black/white lol But if you not one of them, you wouldn't understand I guess. Its capturing the moment in time, which can never be the same or brought back.
    haha yeah I know. I've had friends who do photography. I help some of them with Gimp because they can't afford Photoshop, and figure it's easier to tell me what they want done rather than learn Gimp. Which they make a valid point. I spent a lot of time learning stuff about gimp, getting filters, scripts for effects, brushes, gradients, etc. I'm just working on learning how to create actual art rather than manipulating photos.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I only looked at the first page.

My review of those photos is this:

First let me say there is two different types of people when it comes to photography. One is naturally there already, the other takes some thought and creativity. Those two are snapshots and the other is photography.

Sorry to say most of the photos I saw on the one page I looked at look like snapshots. You should create a work of art, focus in what people are looking at, lighting, etc, etc, etc.

This photo here http://dailybooth.com/AdrianTheNerd/8366217 looks like a well thought out idea of creativity.
    Our only ignorance is our own intelligence
    Linux Is not Windows | Atheros 5007 Wifi Chipset Hardy (8.04LTS) Install|
    Linux user number 479043 | Ubuntu User number is # 24065

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast