Thread: Lord of the Rings Online/PyLOTRO

Beans

Lord of the Rings Online/PyLOTRO

Hello there. I KNOW there is a forum for this game, but it's stupidly long and I don't have the time to search it for what is most likely a simple issue.

I'm running PyLOTRO 0.1.13 on Wine 1.3.2, I've got C++ 2008, d3dx9 (and the other two versions) and d3dx10 using Winetricks, but the game just crashes and I get ***FINISHED***.

Beans

Re: Lord of the Rings Online/PyLOTRO

Love the attitude, good luck working out your problem.

Beans

Well I'm sorry, but 230+ pages is a bit much for an answer that's probably something like "get this from here" or "set this to this"

But I guess I'll post in it anyway.

EDIT: Received a PM from a member, I had to edit my Wine sound settings to esound.
    Last edited by xBiocorex; September 15th, 2010 at 03:07 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xBiocorex View Post
    Well I'm sorry, but 230+ pages is a bit much for an answer that's probably something like "get this from here" or "set this to this"
    You could have of course started at the last page and made your way back, solutions to recent problems are normally in the last 5 pages or so.

Your OP came across as "I cba to find the solution, give it to me on a plate". Luckily for you someone pandered to your whims.

Beans
    Hidden!

I didn't 'pander to his whims' I had a possible solution so I sent him it, as a PM because then I don't look daft if it failed.

In some ways I sympathise, checking a 230+ page thread for a solution is a pain, and granted there is a search option but that too isn't great as it'll only show you which thread the search terms are in, and not many realise there is a 'search this thread' option (if they realised I am sure there would be less requests for the same old answers)

However, the OP could have worded his request better.

Anyway enough on the subject from me , we should be thankful to Alan and the others who took the time to produce PyLotRO/the cli launchers etc otherwise we couldn't play in linux at all
    I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile. Your (insert censored word here) will be laminated!
    Registered Linux user #155941

Beans

OK perhaps "pander to his whims" was a bit harsh but then you aren't the one who gets numerous requests for help via PMs, emails, etc.

The information needed is usually out there but can sometimes take more than 5 minutes to find. I probably did over-react so sorry OP but look at it from the other side of the fence next time.