Thread: cat: /proc/asound/cards: No such file or directory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

cat: /proc/asound/cards: No such file or directory

So... Since that awful audiopulse update, I've been trying everything to get sound working with flash. One or a combination of things I've tried has nuked my system and now:

Code:
    I'd like someone to help me get my audio working, because now no sound card (this is integrated, not even USB) is detected and I have no sound at all.

Beans

Re: cat: /proc/asound/cards: No such file or directory

Quote Originally Posted by roadcone View Post
    So... Since that awful audiopulse update, I've been trying everything to get sound working with flash. One or a combination of things I've tried has nuked my system and now:

Code:
    I'd like someone to help me get my audio working, because now no sound card (this is integrated, not even USB) is detected and I have no sound at all.

join #alsa on freenode ask them there if your card is supported if it isnt join #oss and ask them too. if still no joy you will have to change sound card.

99% of sound cards are supported by alsa driver so usually u should get some sound if you dont hear anything it can be cuz the driver is missing or your card isnt supported

to check up if your card is recognised type in terminal aplay -l

to check up what card you have got even if it isnt supported type in terminal lspci
    Last edited by Æon Flux; September 11th, 2010 at 08:19 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: cat: /proc/asound/cards: No such file or directory

My sound card is certainly compatible. ALSA and audiopulse were working, it just isn't now.