Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Won't boot - Possible data corruption?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Won't boot - Possible data corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by chaanakya_chiraag View Post
    Also, just as a tip, you can add the
    Code:
    console=tty2
    at the GRUB configuration to supress all boot messages. I did this because there are a lot of messages...
    Are you talking about just appending console=tty2 to the boot command (press "e" at the grub screen), or are we talking about something else entirely?

As it has been for some time, I don't see any messages during the boot process.

Thanks again. Kirby
    Last edited by Kir_B; September 17th, 2010 at 03:16 AM.
    We need to identify the sociopaths and psychotics in our society & remove them from their positions of power & influence over Humanity's evolution! Then we need to prevent these sick people from ever again having such lopsided powers over us. Me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Another quick question.

Is there a command I can issue at the grub screen via command line, to bring the system up to date, which may include a mountall fix?

Thanks again. Kirby
    We need to identify the sociopaths and psychotics in our society & remove them from their positions of power & influence over Humanity's evolution! Then we need to prevent these sick people from ever again having such lopsided powers over us. Me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Kir_B View Post
    Are you talking about just appending console=tty2 to the boot command (press "e" at the grub screen), or are we talking about something else entirely?

As it has been for some time, I don't see any messages during the boot process.

Thanks again. Kirby
    Yes, that is what I mean
    Use Dropbox! Sign up using this link: http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEyMzg5Nzc5 and get free space!!
    Registered Linux User #525815
    Check out Musik - a FOSS text-to-music converter!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Kir_B View Post
    Another quick question.

Is there a command I can issue at the grub screen via command line, to bring the system up to date, which may include a mountall fix?

Thanks again. Kirby
    I don't think so.
    Use Dropbox! Sign up using this link: http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEyMzg5Nzc5 and get free space!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I just realized you have to remove the
    Code:
    splash
    parameter from the GRUB boot command in order to actually feel the effects of the change.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sorry I've taken so long to respond, but I needed a break after experiencing more "no joy"!!!

The commands went off without a hitch, but no joy on reboot.

Tried removing "splash" from the boot command and again no joy!

Tried removing "splash" and adding "console=tty2" to the boot command and again no joy!

Tried removing "splash" and adding nomodeset to the boot command and once again no joy!

Also tried a few other combination's to the boot command with no results (ex. removing quiet and splash), so I went back to the drawing board, or more accurately, to the forums for some more reading. I've seen a few more things. One thing that interests me, is to upgrade the system from a livecd, so I'm currently looking for a good howto on this. If anyone has a favorite method, please, don't hesitate to post it, or a link to it here.

Thanks & good day. Kirby

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234