Thread: Maverick meerkat's accessibility, so far...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Maverick meerkat's accessibility, so far...

Any updates as to how the Maverick Meerkat's accessibility is working with anyone so far... As with me, I'm testing the beta releases and as same with 10.04, chrome remains not accessible. In my own experience, Open office needs improvements with its toolba readability with Orca...

Will try to post updates about how accessibility had been into the place of the 10.10 release...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Maverick meerkat's accessibility, so far...

It's an important question! If OO is lacking, have you looked at AbiWord at all? I'm thinking of swtiching to that, partly because I'd like something less bloated, and partly because Oracle makes me nervous. Be nice if it was also better on that score.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Maverick meerkat's accessibility, so far...

@quixote: Have tried running AbiWord way back in Ubuntu 8.10 release and Orca did not read most part of it, based from my own experience. Did try to run it again in the 9.04, but to no avail, I gad the same results. I haven't tried from the 9.10 'til now...

AbiWord is indeed lighter than OpenOffice, but Orca can only read so much on it. Wish it would be better on the next release...