Thread: Compling xmlrpc-c-1.11.00 problem

Beans

Compling xmlrpc-c-1.11.00 problem

I can't seem to get this, I've been trying for the last hour to get this to compile and I seemed to have hit a brick wall. I got it to compile most of the way and ./configure runs fine but it won't get past this part. I've searched google for anything that could be related but my search has turned up nothing. Any suggestions would be great, thanks. It shouldn't be an issue but I'm running 8.04.

Code:
    gcc -shared  resource.lo trace.lo xmlrpc_data.lo xmlrpc_datetime.lo xmlrpc_string.lo xmlrpc_array.lo xmlrpc_struct.lo xmlrpc_build.lo xmlrpc_decompose.lo xmlrpc_expat.lo xmlrpc_parse.lo xmlrpc_serialize.lo xmlrpc_base64.lo xmlrpc_utf8.lo xmlrpc_authcookie.lo  -L.libs -L/home/pepp/Desktop/xxx/xmlrpc-c-1.11.00/lib/libutil -lxmlrpc_util -L/home/pepp/Desktop/xxx/xmlrpc-c-1.11.00/lib/expat/xmlparse/.libs -lxmlrpc_xmlparse -lc  -Wl,-soname -Wl,libxmlrpc.so.3 -o .libs/libxmlrpc.so.3.11.0
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxmlrpc_xmlparse
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [libxmlrpc.la] Error 1

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Compling xmlrpc-c-1.11.00 problem

Code:
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxmlrpc_xmlparse
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [libxmlrpc.la] Error 1
    Same here...

Beans

Well I've got this to compile on many other machines so I give up trying to install it on this one. I never figured out what was the problem. None of the other machines had any problems at all.

Beans

The solution is
    Code:
    apt-get remove libxmlrpc-c3

Beans

I encountered this problem today doing the same thing on 9.10. The solution is to install this package: libxmlrpc-core-c3-dev