Thread: Monitor Going to Sleep Even Though I Set it Not to

Beans

Monitor Going to Sleep Even Though I Set it Not to

Hi, I'm using 10.04 on my netbook and I like to watch hulu etc... before I go to sleep and after every 5 minutes the entire display will start to slowly fade black. If I dont catch it in time I have to re-enter my password. It's plugged in and fully charged and in the Power Management Preferences in the AC Power tab I set it to "Put computer to sleep when inactive: Never" "Put display to sleep: Never" and I don't have "Dim display when idle" checked. What am I missing? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Re: Monitor Going to Sleep Even Though I Set it Not to

It is the screen saver. Go to System >>> Preferences >>> Screensaver and adjust the time out according to your needs.

Beans

Beans

Thanks,
    That helped me
    Cygnis1

Beans

Need to bring this up again: Same settings as the original poster; in addition I have set a flying text screen saver (gltext) to activate at 10 minutes, but after a while the sceen goes into powersaver mode (blank, no screensaver) even though power settings are set to NEVER go into powersaver for PC or display.

What am I missing here? Issue seems to have come up when upgrading from 10.10 to 11.04, and the same exact behavior happens on two entirely different PCs similarly updated to 11.04.
    Have I in fact found a bug?