Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Proprieties -->open with-->add custom command

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    45
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Proprieties -->open with-->add custom command

    A time ago I add a custom command to open .C files with gvim trough 'Proprieties -->open with-->add custom command '. There's any way to see those commands? because I've forgotten what options I used.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    relative
    Beans
    365
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Proprieties -->open with-->add custom command

    Quote Originally Posted by frs89 View Post
    A time ago I add a custom command to open .C files with gvim trough 'Proprieties -->open with-->add custom command '. There's any way to see those commands? because I've forgotten what options I used.
    Thanks.
    In the Open With tab click to Add and expand the Use a custom command.
    You can type there any command what you can use in the Terminal without specifying the complete path - how to see these commands, just hit 2x<TAB> and it will list you the possible commands, 2252 on my laptop.
    Anyway, If you now the correct path to it, navigate to there with Browse.
    Last edited by akoskm; September 4th, 2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: you can't grep it sorry

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    45
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Angry Re: Proprieties -->open with-->add custom command

    Quote Originally Posted by akoskm View Post
    In the Open With tab click to Add and expand the Use a custom command.
    You can type there any command what you can use in the Terminal without specifying the complete path - how to see these commands, just hit 2x<TAB> and it will list you the possible commands, 2252 on my laptop.
    Anyway, If you now the correct path to it, navigate to there with Browse.
    That wasn't my question, sorry. I've added a custom command a time a ago. I can still choose this command from the menu, it's the selected in the image below.



    And I want to unfold the command that I've written because I don't remember it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    3
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Proprieties -->open with-->add custom command

    I think there's two options here:

    1.) Install ubuntu-tweak (very useful little program for this kind of task)

    Then go to the section "File Type Manager" and you can change it there.

    OR

    2.) Go to ~/.local/share/applications/
    This has a list of launchers, one of which should be the one you are looking for. I'm not sure if this will have a sensible name, but possibly something like userapp-gvim-___.desktop

    If you can't find it, try looking in the file mimeapps.list
    There should be an entry telling you what association has been made.

    Hope that helps,

    Sam

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    45
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Smile Re: Proprieties -->open with-->add custom command

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_scott89 View Post
    I think there's two options here:

    1.) Install ubuntu-tweak (very useful little program for this kind of task)

    Then go to the section "File Type Manager" and you can change it there.

    OR

    2.) Go to ~/.local/share/applications/
    This has a list of launchers, one of which should be the one you are looking for. I'm not sure if this will have a sensible name, but possibly something like userapp-gvim-___.desktop

    If you can't find it, try looking in the file mimeapps.list
    There should be an entry telling you what association has been made.

    Hope that helps,

    Sam
    That really help. Thank you!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •