Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless is not working 10.04 ubuntu

Beans

Arrow Wireless is not working 10.04 ubuntu

Good day guys

I installed Ubuntu 10.04 desktop version but I have wireless problem after Installing the hardware at hardware manager. no wireless networks appears when i click on network manager. I tried to find out a solution before I post this thread, I'm sick of this problem so please help !

thanks for cooperation..

Beans

Re: Wireless is not working 10.04 ubuntu

BTW:

Code:

lshw -C network
    that's what I got from Terminal:

~$ lshw -C network
    WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
    *-network UNCLAIMED
    description: Network controller
    product: BCM4312 802.11b/g
    vendor: Broadcom Corporation
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:0c:00.0
    version: 01
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: bus_master cap_list
    configuration: latency=0
    resources: memory:f69fc000-f69fffff
    *-network
    description: Ethernet interface
    product: 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
    vendor: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:09:00.0
    logical name: eth0
    version: 13
    serial: 00:23:ae:3b:9d:96
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: bus_master cap_list ethernet physical
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=sky2 driverversion=1.25 firmware=N/A ip=192.168.1.100 latency=0 multicast=yes
    resources: irq:28 memory:f68fc000-f68fffff ioport:de00(size=256)

Beans

Hi,

I think you need to provide some information about your wireless card so people can advise on possible issues.
    Do you know the make/model?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kja999 View Post
    Hi,

I think you need to provide some information about your wireless card so people can advise on possible issues.

Hi,

i'm not sure how to show my wireless card, so if you know or any one knows how to show it and fix it please tell.

thank you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kja999 View Post
    Hi,

It's listed right in his output - BCM 4312. It's a Broadcom card.

R.
    ==

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

sudo --JK

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by juil View Post

thanks for helping but it did not work and i tried this website before i even wrote this thread..

i'm waiting for an affective solution

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@safety280, you have a....

description: Network controller
    product: BCM4312 802.11b/g
    vendor: Broadcom Corporation
    .... BCM4312 Broadcom wireless card. The problem with Broadcom is that, because of licensing issues, the firmware and/or the proprietary driver (I can't remember which) cannot be included in a default installation of Ubuntu. Blame Broadcom.

Anyway... it's not clear whether you've tried this, but try this first (if you can). Connect your computer to your router with an ethernet cable and boot up Ubuntu. Go to System > Administration > Update Manager and click on the 'check' button. It will download some information and may offer you updates. Don't update just yet. Close Update Manager and now open System > Administration > Hardware Drivers. Does this offer you a driver for the Broadcom card? If so, install it and you should be OK.

If that doesn't work, have a look at this link:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...Driver/bcm43xx

Installing the driver from the live CD should be the way to go. Boot into your installed Ubuntu (not the live CD) and set the live CD as a repository as explained in that link.

Edit: a friendly word of advice. I don't know whether English is your first language or not, but this...

Quote Originally Posted by safety280 View Post
    i'm waiting for an affective solution
    ... sounds rude and impatient in English. I'm sure you didn't mean to be but you don't want to put people off from helping you.
    Last edited by coffeecat; September 5th, 2010 at 02:00 PM.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    @safety280, you have a....

.... BCM4312 Broadcom wireless card. The problem with Broadcom is that, because of licensing issues, the firmware and/or the proprietary driver (I can't remember which) cannot be included in a default installation of Ubuntu. Blame Broadcom.

Anyway... it's not clear whether you've tried this, but try this first (if you can). Connect your computer to your router with an ethernet cable and boot up Ubuntu. Go to System > Administration > Update Manager and click on the 'check' button. It will download some information and may offer you updates. Don't update just yet. Close Update Manager and now open System > Administration > Hardware Drivers. Does this offer you a driver for the Broadcom card? If so, install it and you should be OK.

If that doesn't work, have a look at this link:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...Driver/bcm43xx

Installing the driver from the live CD should be the way to go. Boot into your installed Ubuntu (not the live CD) and set the live CD as a repository as explained in that link.

Edit: a friendly word of advice. I don't know whether English is your first language or not, but this...

... sounds rude and impatient in English. I'm sure you didn't mean to be but you don't want to put people off from helping you.
    I installed my driver from system>>admin>>hardware manager

I did it and I updated my system..

thank you very much for you help coffeecat ....

you got it right, I'm not native English and I AM SORRY if what i said offense any one..

thanks again

Beans

BTW: my wireless connection is still not working..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast