Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sony VAIO VPC-S12L9E/B TouchPad not working

Beans

Re: Sony VAIO VPC-S12L9E/B TouchPad not working

BTW... so a few things to note

1. Make sure you do not edit the grub file as a text file, which is what i was doing. so I then used sudo gedit /etc/default/grub.

2. Make sure you run the sudo update-grub after the file has been saved.

After all these the touch pad worked.

Now I hope the next weeks release works with UBUNTU installed on SD, AND the x64 ISO works as well.

Currently for me, ubuntu boots only when installed on an external USB hard drive. USB Pendrive or an SD card installs but fails to boot. Also x64 has not worked yet. So keeping my fingers crossed

Beans

Angry Re: Sony VAIO VPCEB34EN TouchPad not working

i have a sony vaio lap with named series vpceb34en. i installed ubuntu 10.04 amd64 bit os. my lap touchpad is notworking and sound also not working. but in windows these all are working fine. anyone please help me. i am in hell, i need to work more ............please help................

Beans

Re: Sony VAIO VPC-S12L9E/B TouchPad not working

Hi,
    I have a Sonly Viao VPCEB490X. Since I upgraded from Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04, my touchpad stopped working. I have a dual boot with Win7 on another partition. And the touchpad has stopped working even on that partition and no fixes on the windows end work either. I have tried everything possible (including adding 18042.nomux, nopnp, reset etc. to grub commands as discussed in this thread) and still the problem persists.

When I call Sony tech support, their recommendation is to install the OS that the computer comes with (Win7 home) and that's no good. I am forced to use a USB connected mouse now.

Please help!!
    --Nihil

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234