Thread: T4010 Touchscreen does not work

Beans

Re: T4010 Touchscreen does not work

the log file: Xorg.0.log.tar.gz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yours is the Lifebook not the Stylistic? Does it have multi-touch? Or how new is it?

Beans

It's a Lifebook T4010 ... maybe 4 years old, it doesn't have multitouch... got it on ebay.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The Xorg.0.log again looks pretty good but we still see:
    Code:
    (WW) usbDetect: can not ioctl version
    (WW) Wacom ISDV4 control data (0) error in * query
    We could try manually adjusting the coordinates using xsetwacom commmands.

OK, this is a long shot. But within the last day two commits were made to xf86-input-wacom. One mainly to support jjulia's Fujitsu T4410's multi-touch, the FUJ02e7 while yours is the FUJ02e5. But I noticed a line that seemed to add more general Fujitsu support. Also the other commit to wcmISD4.c involved some reworking of tablet ID matching in preparation of more to come.

So why don't you try cloning the git again? A fresh copy of xf86-input-wacom and recompile?

Edit: Oops! What I am talking about. You're in Karmic not Lucid. Those fixes may make into the next linuxwacom release, or may not.
    Last edited by Favux; September 4th, 2010 at 04:04 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jozze View Post
    it didn't work... i think i might have a solution... when i type in xinput --list i can compare the values. so i found out, that the axis calibration values are different. as far as i know you can edit these values... but i don't know how to edit for example the value "Max_value" of "Axis 0" from "PnPDevice (FUJ02e5)". i have to change it and some other values from 0 to 24576.
    What do you mean when you say "it didn't work"? The steps I outlined only help you to understand if our assumptions are correct.
    Do the configuration files of the two systems differ? Are there different driver versions?

The output of xinput is not really helpful as it just states the obvious---the touchscreen doesn't work in your installed system, but it does in the live system. xinput only shows what your Xserver knows about the input devices. This info is usually dependent on the configuration of the devices themselves.

Please provide more info, so we can advise the next step to you.

Beans

This are the differences between my installed system and my live system:
    fdi_files_on_installed_system.tar.gz
    fdi_files_on_live_system.tar.gz
    live_installed_10-linuxwacom_diff.tar.gz

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jozze View Post
    This are the differences between my installed system and my live system
    *snip*
    Well, the very fact that you've got something to attach shows that the files are different -- and they probably should not be. I've only checked the last attachment, the differences in 10-linuxwacom.fdi.
    Knowing that it works in the live system, but not in the installed system, your target should be to minimize the discrepancies in the configurations. So, go ahead, backup your current configuration file on the installed system and replace it with the one from the live system as I said earlier. Your installed system would then be less different from the live system (the state you want to achieve). Reboot and then check if it works.

If it doesn't, there are more possible differences (in order of likelihood):
    - the wacom driver module version
    - udev rules
    - an odd boot-script that screws with the configuration

If you are sure that you haven't changed anything, but after a reboot suddenly things don't work as before, do make sure that your configuration files are unchanged. Your attachment here shows that whatever you have done when following my steps has been reverted (as there are differences between the files). Make sure that you don't accidentally overwrite configs that are known to work (might happen when recompiling or reinstalling packages).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rekado View Post
    Your attachment here shows that whatever you have done when following my steps has been reverted (as there are differences between the files).
    No, thats just because i saved these files before i did the things you wrote. my new 10-linuxwacom.fdi is now exactly the same - and it still is, but it doesn't work.
    How can i get the wacom driver version or what do i have to do next?
    Thanks.

Beans

Okay, good.
    You can check the driver version by searching for "wacom" in the kernel log:

Code:
    dmesg | grep -i wacom
    Explanation: the output of dmesg is piped to the filter program grep which will block all lines that do not contain "wacom" (case-insensitive with the -i switch). On my system the output is this:
    Code:
    wacom: v.1.52:USB Wacom tablet driver
    Do the same on both systems to see if the versions differ. While you're at it, copy the kernel module from the live system (again, mount your local disk first etc.). You can find the exact location of the kernel module like this:

Code:
    find /lib/modules -name "*wacom*.ko"
    Copy it in case you cannot install the desired driver version through proper means, i.e. through the package manager. I'm sorry for not being able to give more detailed instructions; I'm using Arch Linux and installation of specific versions is not much of a problem here through the Ports-like Arch Build System. You might be able to specify the exact version when compiling the module yoursef, though.

Beans

today i restarted my system after using my livecd all the time and my system suddenly worked. i did all the backup and logging things you discribed. now i have a folder with all the configurations and log where my system is working.
    after a rebboot id stoped working again, but now i'll check out all the configurations and logs to see where the differences are. i'll attach all the files, when i'm ready.

btw. my wacom driver version is v.1.51.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast