Thread: Ubuntu running puppy internet installer?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Lightbulb Ubuntu running puppy internet installer?

Hi guys, iv come across a problem. I had a dual boot load XP/Puppy LInux install on my PC, but XP croup-ted the entire HDD and i had to format my entire hard drive and re install.

When i started to reinstall i put in a partion contaning "Lucid Puppy 5.01" and i set up the wierless internet in 30 seconds using "Barry's Simple Network Setup", witch dected all my hardwheare and connected it without use of windows drivers.

Then i came through and installed "Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid", and i have tryed and tried, and tried to get it to connect to the internet. I have read ceveral tutorieals, and i cant get any of them to work.

[move]getting to the point[/move]
    So what i want to know is if i can re-route ubuntu to use the setup in puppy linux (wich is what im on now) as my default conection. is this possibel, and if so could we try and install a internet setup like this in the next release?

thanks for reading guys!

Re: Ubuntu running puppy internet installer?

Moved to ABT.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu running puppy internet installer?

ok, so i found the internet configuration files in puppy, (i dont remember exactly where, i dont have much time to look it up right now but it was somewhere in the root folder) and was going to try the age old method of coppy and paste it into ubuntus wierless drivers folders, but when i went to go finde the directry i needed in ubuntu i was told that i could not acess the root folder!!!! it said that "you can not acess this unless you are the owner".

when i get more time i might try and adress this issue, but it willl take me a while. if anybody knows bout it it would be grately appreated! (only user, original installer, account set for "Admininsatraton")

P.S.
    sorry for landing this in the wrong thread, kinda new to the whole linux thing and to a forum like this.