Thread: Can't remove Docky anchor icon

Beans

Can't remove Docky anchor icon

Hi, I would like to remove the anchor icon from Docky. I found instructions to go into gconf-editor and set "apps/docky-2/docky/items/DockyItem/ShowDockyItem" to false. Only problem is, this item does not appear.

The only folders in apps/docky-2/docky/items/ are ColoredIconDockItem and WnckDockItem. Inside ColoredIconDockItem, there's a key called DockyItem set at value 193. I tried changing/deleting that and restarting Docky, but it keeps defaulting back. I also removed and reinstalled Docky, but I found the same thing. Does anyone know how I can find the right value to change? Thanks!

-Ben

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Lightbulb Re: Can't remove Docky anchor icon

It doesn't work with the Docky version from the official Ubuntu repos. However you could try installing the latest version from the Docky ppa, however I don't know if it will work with that version.
    In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates? oO

Beans

Re: Can't remove Docky anchor icon

I got the app from the Docky "stable" PPA and it was the same version as the Ubuntu repo. Then I got the newest version from the "development" PPA and that one worked like I was hoping. Thanks for the tip.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Cool Re: Can't remove Docky anchor icon

I've installed the latest docky, but I still can't get the icon to go away.

There is a "ShowDockyItem" option in configuration editor, but toggling it has no effect on my docky toolbar. When quit and restart docky, the icon is still there. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: Can't remove Docky anchor icon

Nevermind!

Reinstalling Docky fixed everything!

Beans

Re: Can't remove Docky anchor icon

There two official Docky PPAs. One with our bleeding edge version built from Docky trunk and one including the latest build of the current Docky stable branch.
    The Docky Stable PPA is https://launchpad.net/~docky-core/+archive/stable . Use this PPA for the current, stable version of Docky.
    To use the Docky Stable PPA, for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) and later:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:docky-core/stable
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install docky
    The Docky Development PPA is https://launchpad.net/~docky-core/+archive/ppa and typically lags behind the source by about a day. Use this PPA for the most current, updated version of Docky.
    To use the Docky Development PPA, for Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) and later:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:docky-core/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install docky
    To update Docky, if you installed Docky as a package from either the official repositories or one of our PPAs, run:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade