Thread: No sound in flash.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

No sound in flash.

Hello forum.
    I think I have messed up my ubuntu install pretty bad. I tried to install the latest alsa, I compiled it from source, then I couldn't boot with my custom kernel, so I used ubuntu's one. Then I deleted pulseaudio. Wine worked great, and after I reconfigured gnome (a "registry" edit with gconf-editor and gstreamer-properties) to use alsa everything was fine. Just that I couldn't listen to two streams of audio at once, e.g. I listen to rhythmbox and sound doesn't work anywhere else, even the gstreamer-properties couldn't recognize a viable alsa device. Worst of all, flash has no sound. No more youtube for me. At least I got tf2 working without any lagg in audio.

I tried resetting everything to pulseaudio again in gstreamer-properties, I have installed and purged and installed again ubuntu-desktop package. YET, to no avail. I am aiming for a system that has sound both in wine and youtube. With the default settings, I could get sound in tf2's menu but not in-game. Could you help ?

I am running ubuntu 10.04 x86_64, before I installed alsa from source, I was running it on a patched kernel with bfs.

I remember in 8.04 or some newer/older release, there was a nice gnome tool for configuring which system to use for sound, now it's gone and I am left with just some nonsense (hey, it's nonsense to me) pulseaudio tool.
    Originally Posted by rugbert
    Are there any plans to make it not suck so hard any time soon?
    ROFL!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: No sound in flash.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: No sound in flash.

Been there and done that. None of it helps. And I failed applying the magickal three patches.
    Originally Posted by rugbert
    Are there any plans to make it not suck so hard any time soon?
    ROFL!