Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: xorg-edit: GUI for editing xorg.conf

Re: xorg-edit: GUI for editing xorg.conf

Hm, you never come back... I hope my tool does not let you PC explode....

New version v06.05.25:

- Bugfix: device options will be saved now
    - Bugfix: "save file as" will create backup copy with date and time
    - Feature: big warning message at start of the tool
    - Internal: divided current file in filename and directory

Greetings, Dee

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dee.dw
    Hm, you never come back... I hope my tool does not let you PC explode....

New version v06.05.25:

- Bugfix: device options will be saved now
    - Bugfix: "save file as" will create backup copy with date and time
    - Feature: big warning message at start of the tool
    - Internal: divided current file in filename and directory

Greetings, Dee
    Hi, Neat Idea. Thanks for making it true.

I get this error while running it:

Code:
     sudo ./xorg-edit
    ./xorg-edit: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I have libwxgtk2.6-0 installed. Is it because I'm running Dapper?

As you can see here "libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0" is a file in "libwxgtk2.6-0". Please reinstall the package.

If you use Synaptics you can check the installed files of this package there and take a look if this single file is missing.... It may be a bug in Dapper, but I found several people who could use this tool in Dapper.

Greetings, Dee

Beans

As you can see here "libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0" is a file in "libwxgtk2.6-0". Please reinstall the package.

If you use Synaptics you can check the installed files of this package there and take a look if this single file is missing.... It may be a bug in Dapper, but I found several people who could use this tool in Dapper.

Greetings, Dee
    Hi,

/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0 is indeed installed, by I still get the error after reinstalling the package. Maybe a Dapper bug.

This is really strange... Have you check the /usr/lib folder if the library really is there or did you only check the package files in Synaptics?

Otherwise I don't have a clue because the error says the library is missing but when it is installed I don't know what to do.

Hm, could you post the out of "ls -al /usr/lib | grep libwx_gtk2u_xrc"?

Greetings, Dee

Beans

This is really strange... Have you check the /usr/lib folder if the library really is there or did you only check the package files in Synaptics?

Otherwise I don't have a clue because the error says the library is missing but when it is installed I don't know what to do.

Hm, could you post the out of "ls -al /usr/lib | grep libwx_gtk2u_xrc"?

Greetings, Dee
    Code:
    ls -al /usr/lib | grep libwx_gtk2u_xrc
    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root       28 2006-05-26 13:15 libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0 -> libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0.0.0
    -rw-r--r--   1 root root   566960 2005-11-17 19:21 libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0.0.0
    Is this because I'm running Dapper 64bit version?

The link seems okay, but it is possible that the i386-precompiled-version doesn't run on a 64bit machine. Maybe you could download the source from my website and just type "make" in the terminal in the "source" folder to compile it on your machine. I think it should run then... You will need libwxgtk2.6-dev for compiling!

Greetings, Dee

Beans

The link seems okay, but it is possible that the i386-precompiled-version doesn't run on a 64bit machine. Maybe you could download the source from my website and just type "make" in the terminal in the "source" folder to compile it on your machine. I think it should run then... You will need libwxgtk2.6-dev for compiling!

Greetings, Dee
    Ok. I compiled it. It works fine.

As for the application in itself, it's great. For a newbie, this is a MUCH nicer approach. Is there any plans this in Edgy Eft as standard xorg.conf editor?

Quote Originally Posted by henriquemaia
    Ok. I compiled it. It works fine.
    Great...

Is there any plans this in Edgy Eft as standard xorg.conf editor?
    Some other users also mentioned this and it exist a launchpad request for such a tool. Unfortunately I don't understand how to edit or post a message there so that the people see that there is such a tool.

I wait for someone who helps me with the distribution... Most project sites like Freshmeat or SourceForge are to complex in my opinion.... I have an account there but have not the time to insert xorg-edit there.

Greetings, Dee

Beans

Great...

Some other users also mentioned this and it exist a launchpad request for such a tool. Unfortunately I don't understand how to edit or post a message there so that the people see that there is such a tool.

I wait for someone who helps me with the distribution... Most project sites like Freshmeat or SourceForge are to complex in my opinion.... I have an account there but have not the time to insert xorg-edit there.

Greetings, Dee
    But have you shared you views/program with the Ubuntu developers?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast