Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Archey comes to Ubuntu

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    61

    Archey comes to Ubuntu

    I originally wrote Archey for Arch Linux, I'm sure most of you have ran into that popular little command line tool that displays basic system information and the Arch Linux logo in many Arch Linux screenshots.

    Just recently, I decided to add support for Debian and Ubuntu.

    Archey is written in Python, and depends on lsb-release and scrot.

    Here is a screenshot of Archey:
    http://omploader.org/vNWNxNw/2010-08...1080_scrot.png

    You can find a .deb package on Archey's official Github page.
    http://github.com/djmelik/archey/downloads

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest USA
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Archey comes to Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Melik View Post
    I originally wrote Archey for Arch Linux, I'm sure most of you have ran into that popular little command line tool that displays basic system information and the Arch Linux logo in many Arch Linux screenshots.

    Just recently, I decided to add support for Debian and Ubuntu.

    Archey is written in Python, and depends on lsb-release and scrot.

    Here is a screenshot of Archey:
    http://omploader.org/vNWNxNw/2010-08...1080_scrot.png

    You can find a .deb package on Archey's official Github page.
    http://github.com/djmelik/archey/downloads
    Cool...but upon quickly scanning the forums I at first thought your post read:

    Anarchy comes to Ubuntu

    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    391
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Archey comes to Ubuntu

    Cool. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    61

    Re: Archey comes to Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by HappinessNow View Post
    Cool...but upon quickly scanning the forums I at first thought your post read:

    Anarchy comes to Ubuntu

    Haha

    Are you guys running into any bugs or is everything running along smoothly?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Beans
    391
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Archey comes to Ubuntu

    nice, thanks!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Archey comes to Ubuntu

    Nice, I used Archey when I ran Arch. I just installed it on Ubuntu and Debian..... any chance of a Crunchbang Statler (Debian based) version?

    I just added it to Ubuntu, Debian and Crunchbang. Would love a Crunchbang logo though

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    61

    Re: Archey comes to Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by richs-lxh View Post
    Nice, I used Archey when I ran Arch. I just installed it on Ubuntu and Debian..... any chance of a Crunchbang Statler (Debian based) version?

    I just added it to Ubuntu, Debian and Crunchbang. Would love a Crunchbang logo though
    Yes, of course

    All popular distros will soon be supported by archey.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Beans
    73
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Archey comes to Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by HappinessNow View Post
    Cool...but upon quickly scanning the forums I at first thought your post read:

    Anarchy comes to Ubuntu

    Here the same, I was worried for the health of our SABDFL's Mark
    What if someday login in your facebook account you're required to accept yet-another-update license agreement saying you're a total idiot? Quit Facebook, join Diaspora*
    my webcomics ~ my diasp*

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Archey comes to Ubuntu



    Thanks! Works great.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •