Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Principios del Unix han sido violado por Grub2

Hay 5 principios del Unix.

Estoy sospechado que los panas de Grub2 rompieron el pricipio que dice:
    "Programas Pequeños de una sola tarea"

Tambien vilolaron el principio que dice:
    "Que tu programa haga por lo menos una cosa bien"

Grub2 es un camastron grande y viene Windown y suaaazzz lo apaga.
    Porque al antiguo Grub (que ahora pasó a ser Legado) no le pasaba tanto eso?

Pues si, estoy en guerra contra el Grub2
    Ver el hilo denominado:
    Window7 desinstala mi boot loader
    A lo mejor no es solo Window, tambien esta la particion de Dell
    que ya borre.
    Last edited by galanh; August 25th, 2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Continuacion
    A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Principios del Unix han sido violado por Grub2

Por fin tengo ¨dual boot” (SOLVED)

Queria contarles como logre acabar con los programas de Dell,
    que me hicieron perder tanto tiempo. En dos platos:
    primero les elimine su particion y luego los des-instalé.

Lo primero que aprendí por via de los golpes es que si
    tu computador te dice:
    Operating System not found
    Hay que sonreir y decirse a si mismo las instalaciones y particiones
    estan ahi, solo hay que reparar el Grub2 con el LiveCD.

Durante la ultima instalacion de Lucy Lyxn que realizé,

solicité borrar la particion:
    /dev/sda1 63 80,324 de Dell Utility
    De esta forma elimine la casita de Dell muy cercana al MBR.

La particion liberada /dev/sda1 fue tomada por la particion Extended
    que engloba las dos particiones de Linux.
    Luego al terminar la instalacion tienes un solo tiro para entrar en Window7
    y desinstalar el recovery y el backup de Dell.

Cuando sales de window ya el daño lo han causado antes de la desinstalacion.
    Pero no importa, vuelves a reparar el Grub2 y la historia termino.
    Mas nunca mas vuelves a ver el mensaje: Operating System not found

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

En este hilo, mas arriba, se da una solucion particular que
    funciona ya que el problema mas nunca lo he visto.

En el siguiente articulo se esta buscando la solucion general:

Code:
       	 	 	 	 	 	  Sat, 28 Aug 2010  Windows applications making GRUB 2 unbootable

If you find that running Windows makes a GRUB 2-based system unbootable (Debian bug, Ubuntu bug),  
    then I'd like to hear from you.  
    This is a bug in which some  proprietary Windows-based software overwrites particular sectors in the  gap 
    between the master boot record and the first partition, sometimes  called the "embedding area".  
    GRUB Legacy and GRUB 2 both normally use  this part of the disk to store one of their key components: 
    GRUB Legacy  calls this component Stage 1.5, while GRUB 2 calls it the core image (comparison).   
    However, Stage 1.5 is less useful than the core image (for example,  the latter provides a rescue shell which 
    can be used to recover from  some problems), and is therefore rather smaller: somewhere around 10KB  vs. 24KB 
    for the common case of ext[234] on plain block devices.  
    It  seems that the Windows-based software writes to a sector which is after  the end of Stage 1.5, but before the 
    end of the core image.  This is why  the problem appears to be new with GRUB 2.

At least some occurrences of this are with software which writes a  signature to the embedding area which hangs around even after  
    uninstallation (even with one of those tools that tracks everything the  installation process did and reverses it, I gather), so that you cannot  
    uninstall and reinstall the application to defeat a trial period.  This  seems like a fine example of an antifeature,  especially given its 
    destructive consequences for free software, and is  in general a poor piece of engineering; what happens if multiple such  programs want to 
    use the same sector, I wonder?  They clearly aren't  doing much checking that the sector is unused, not that that's really  possible anyway. 
     While I do not normally think that GRUB should go to  any great lengths to accommodate proprietary software, this is a case  where we need 
    to defend ourselves against the predatory practices of  some companies making us look bad: a relatively small number of people  do enough 
    detective work to realise that it's the fault of a particular  Windows application, but many more simply blame our operating system  because it 
    won't start any more.
      I believe that it may be possible to assemble a collection of  signatures of such software, and arrange to avoid the disk sectors they  have stolen. 
     Indeed, I have a first draft of the necessary code.  This  is not a particularly pleasant solution, but it seems to be the most  practical way around 
    the problem; I'm hoping that several of the  programs at fault are using common "licence manager" code or something  like that, so that we can 
    address most of the problems with a relatively  small number of signatures.  In order to do this, I need to hear from  as many people as possible 
    who are affected by this problem.
      If you suffer from this problem, then please do the following:

• Save the output of fdisk -lu to a file. In this output, take note of the start sector of the first partition (usually 63, but might also be 2048
    • on recent installations, or occasionally something else). If this is something other than 63, then replace 63 in the following items with your number.
    • Save the contents of the embedding area to a file (replace /dev/sda with your disk device if it's something else): dd if=/dev/sda of=sda.1 count=63
    • Do whatever you do to make GRUB unbootable (presumably starting Windows), then boot into a recovery environment. Before you reinstall GRUB, save the new contents of the embedding area to a different file: dd if=/dev/sda of=sda.2 count=63
    • Follow up to either the Debian or the Ubuntu bug with these three files (the output of fdisk -lu, and the embedding area before and after making GRUB unbootable.
    I hope that this will help me to assemble enough information to fix this bug at least for most people, and of course if you provide this information then I can make sure to fix your particular version of this problem. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by galanh; August 28th, 2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: better

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

La solucion no es buscar culpables.

Este personaje de internet expresa muy bien como un error en Grub2 le siguie
    otro error en window7 y despues le sigue otro error en las aplicaciones de Dell y HP:

Code:
    I think the application is  clearly at fault here. 
    The boot loader doesn't have to make any  assumptions about the disk 
    (not even the presence of files or a  filesystem), it sets up the info passed 
    on to the operating system and  both the operating system and any applications 
    within that OS should stay outside of areas that were not explicitly allowed. 
    The OS  should never allow an application to do this.
    http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1643451
    Last edited by galanh; August 29th, 2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: mejor

Beans

Travesti chatroulette chat roulette Türkiye'nin ilk Travestiler'e yönelik online

chat roulette sohbet ve chat sitemiz çok yakinda.Travesti Best Model üyeleri

sohbet odalari chat kanallar'inda diger ü…
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    Travesti.