Thread: Lost colours, icons and more

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Lost colours, icons and more

When I browse files on my computer, or network shares etc, the graphics are plain black and white, there are no image previews (thumbnails) all file icons are identical and everything is a bit blocky and old fashioned, the ubuntu look and feel is missing.

This is a brand new install of Ubuntu 11.10, although I had to mess about with xorg.conf in order to get my multi screen setup to work, and it seems one of the many resets I did to get that right lost me the nicer side of file browsing, all other look and feel elements are as normal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Lost colours, icons and more

Not sure if this is the problem , but unless themes or icons are stored in usr/share/themes or icons they won't appear when using root .

When using gksu nautilus the file browser will look somewhat like Win 95 because the theme defaults Redmond . Sometimes problems with the gnome-settings-deamom can cause this as well . In the last case the entire theme is usually affected .
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Lost colours, icons and more

Thanks for the reply, however even though the problem persisted through several reboots, what it didn't persist through was switching to Unity-2D, everything looked normal, switching back to normal Unity everything remained normal.