Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with Flash on Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Problems with Flash on Lucid

I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

For some reason, when trying to view Flash content in Firefox, most of the time the content loads, but I can't interact with it. Buttons don;t respond, even though the animation for their rollovers and mouse clicks work. This is annoying since pretty much every embedded video wont play (you need to click the play button for them to start), and any websites using Flash for navigation are unusable. Also, YouTube has a tendency to not load the videos at all, instead showing an error message, and the few times they do play, the controls don't work, so theres no way to pause the content.

I'm sure this is a well documented, easy fix, I just haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advance, srry for being redundant...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Problems with Flash on Lucid

Thanks. Was able to fix 90% of my issues.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by demonic_bunny View Post
    Thanks. Was able to fix 90% of my issues.
    What about the remaining 10%?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I had the same issues and it was very frustrating. I fixed it 100% on my 64 bit Ubuntu installation using the following guide. A link to it was posted over at psychocat's website:

http://nxadm.wordpress.com/2009/04/2...on-ubuntu-904/

Hope this helps!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by baddnady23 View Post
    I had the same issues and it was very frustrating. I fixed it 100% on my 64 bit Ubuntu installation using the following guide. A link to it was posted over at psychocat's website:

http://nxadm.wordpress.com/2009/04/2...on-ubuntu-904/

Hope this helps!
    That version has a critical vulnerability. You should consider using version 10.1.82 from the repositories. It is working fine in 64bit.

Beans

I seem to have the same problem. None of the buttons and flash menus (wordpress, etc) seem to work. It's weird because yesterday everything was working fine and I don't remember doing any system update.

I've tried installing the Flash-Aid plugin but problems are still there. And my system is 32bits, so the solution given on the Firefox-Tutorial is no good.

Btw, using Lucid 10.04 and Firefox 3.6.8. Worse is, everything works perfectly with Chrome.
    Last edited by Mediosordo; August 26th, 2010 at 07:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Mediosordo View Post
    I seem to have the same problem. None of the buttons and flash menus (wordpress, etc) seem to work. It's weird because yesterday everything was working fine and I don't remember doing any system update.

I've tried installing the Flash-Aid plugin but problems are still there. And my system is 32bits, so the solution given on the Firefox-Tutorial is no good.

Btw, using Lucid 10.04 and Firefox 3.6.8. Worse is, everything works perfectly with Chrome.
    Start Firefox in safe mode and check if it works.

See Firefox General Troubleshooting Steps tutorial.

Beans

Just did, same result. I can however play/stop youtube videos (also on normal mode) and I've read it's a common issue with a lot of people having problems with that. I have no problem whatsoever with youtube or vimeo.
    In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a problem with wordpress and firefox on linux, as I don't seem to have any problems with other services that use flash (for example, I can play/pause any myspace music player). My main issue is that many of the wordpress menus on the dashboard are nor working properly, and I'm not able to drag and drop widgets (to select them) on the widget menu (something I could do yesterday!).
    Weird.

Thanks, will try the advices in that turorial see if I have any luck.
    Last edited by Mediosordo; August 26th, 2010 at 09:48 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Mediosordo View Post
    Just did, same result. I can however play/stop youtube videos (also on normal mode) and I've read it's a common issue with a lot of people having problems with that. I have no problem whatsoever with youtube or vimeo.
    In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a problem with wordpress and firefox on linux, as I don't seem to have any problems with other services that use flash (for example, I can play/pause any myspace music player). My main issue is that many of the wordpress menus on the dashboard are nor working properly, and I'm not able to drag and drop widgets (to select them) on the widget menu (something I could do yesterday!).
    Weird.

Thanks, will try the advices in that turorial see if I have any luck.
    I don't think those Wordpress widgets are flash based. They must be ajax or something like that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast