Thread: VNC server GUI

Beans

VNC server GUI

I had Ubuntu 9.07 installed for a long time and I wanted to reformat my computer (because the Windows XP partition was running horribly - what else is new, right?). Anyway, there used to be an icon on the Ubuntu desktop panel that looked like a computer monitor and I recall an associated GUI where I set up access parameters for VNC and the Ubuntu parition; it asked if I wanted people to have to enter a password, etc. Now, I cannot recall how the hell I installed that feature. I had made some notes and they said to do the following - which I've done:

sudo apt-get install xtightvncviewer
    sudo apt-get install xvnc4viewer
    sudo apt-get install tightvnc-java
    sudo apt-get install vnc-java
    sudo apt-get install vnc4server xinetd

Still - I can't find that setup GUI, there is no icon on my panel, etc. I'm almost 60, dumb as hell, and tired. If anyone could tell me what I need to do I'd appreciate it - I used it a lot because this computer is at work and I would log in to it from my house...

Thanks,

Guy Merritt
    Flint, MI

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: VNC server GUI

If you open up your menu I do believe they have the preferences for VNC under 'Remote Desktop' in the Preferences menu.

Beans

Re: VNC server GUI

Thanks....silly question and a dumb little thing - but I work 7 days a weekand I'm bushed. That was it....

Thanks again.