Thread: How to add sounds to LMMS?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

How to add sounds to LMMS?

I've had a lot of fun experimenting will LMMS and making some quick songs, and I think it's about time that I try something new...
    I was wondering if it was possible to add sounds to lmms. I downloaded a pack of 8-bit sound effects and was hoping to make a song out of them.
    So far, the only way i could figure out to open them with lmms is to open them as a sample but I can't seem to open samples in piano roll.
    Is there a way to open samples in piano roll? Or is there some other way that i can get my new sounds to open in LMMS with piano roll?
    ~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How to add sounds to LMMS?

try double left mouse click in the audio-file-processor in the black space above the 16 steps. or alternatively right click here and choose "open in piano roll"
    using.... ACER ASPIRE ONE and ACER ASPIRE 5332
    running.... Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thanks, i was just adding a sample track, rather than opening with the audio-file-processor. Thank you so much!!!
    ~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

no problemo, and if you want to add a sample in the sample track create a block (left click) and then double left click this block and navigate to any .ogg or .wav sample regardless of the sample size as it will auto expand
    using.... ACER ASPIRE ONE and ACER ASPIRE 5332
    running.... Ubuntu 12.04