Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ansi C

Beans

Ansi C

i want ansi c for my system! could any pls tell from where can i download it??

how to compile c++ programs in linux?? If i compile with GCC it is showing an error that iostream.h and conio.h files doesn't exist!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ansi C

Quote Originally Posted by 1991sudarshan View Post
    i want ansi c for my system! could any pls tell from where can i download it??

how to compile c++ programs in linux?? If i compile with GCC it is showing an error that iostream.h and conio.h files doesn't exist!!
    Start with sudo apt-get install build-essential and we'll go from there; swap gksudo 'apt-get install build-essential' for a GUI version.
    Linux for Absolute Geniuses: Real Issues. Real Solutions.
    HP Pavilion dv8210us. Since 9.10, no longer such a struggle. Still worth it.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

iostream.h and conio.h are not ANSI C.

And obviously C++ is not C either. You seem very confused.
    Last edited by Bachstelze; August 21st, 2010 at 09:41 AM.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Bachstelze View Post
    iostream.h and conio.h are not ANSI C.

And obviously C++ is not C either. You seem very confused.
    You noticed that, too?
    Linux for Absolute Geniuses: Real Issues. Real Solutions.
    HP Pavilion dv8210us. Since 9.10, no longer such a struggle. Still worth it.

Beans

i need the ansi c for installing the Kdrill and I need the normal C++ compiler for compiling the programs!!

Beans

i am accessing the internet through internet cafe and i cant do it through the terminal! could u pls send me the link of the ansi and c++ compiler for linux

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wink Re: Ansi C

If you followed the suggestion mentioned way above and installed build-essential (this can be done via Synaptic Package Manager or a command line, which ever you have access to) then you already installed g++ which is the C++ compiler. If you have not installed the build-essential package, do so as you'll get a lot of things you are going to need all in 1 package.

As far as ANSI C goes, try your program with g++. I think you may not understand what ANSI is and therefore what ANSI C is, and at this point in time you shouldn't need to worry about that. Just go with g++ for the C++ compiler.

Dave

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by anewguy View Post
    If you followed the suggestion mentioned way above and installed build-essential (this can be done via Synaptic Package Manager or a command line, which ever you have access to) then you already installed g++ which is the C++ compiler. If you have not installed the build-essential package, do so as you'll get a lot of things you are going to need all in 1 package.

As far as ANSI C goes, try your program with g++. I think you may not understand what ANSI is and therefore what ANSI C is, and at this point in time you shouldn't need to worry about that. Just go with g++ for the C++ compiler.

Dave
    But how to add the iostream.h and conio.h files to the library
    every time when i put the cin and cout statements in my programs it is showing error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Kdrill is in the repositories, you can get it from there. conio.h is a windows header file, it won't work on linux. If you post the errors and a link to the software you are trying to build, then we might have a better idea of what you are trying to achieve.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Is this it? http://www.bolthole.com/kdrill/

If it is, then it is in the repositories, you need to install kdrill and kanjidic. Here it is on my desktop:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast