Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Got an iPhone 4!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Got an iPhone 4!

Just to compare prices:
    I got this one
    for about 12.6$ included a sim number and 6.3$ in credit.

No problem how it hold it: alway full working with full bars
    the battery endure a week.. when I need to computing, I've a notebook

My next cellphone will be an android smartphone: not willing to spend more than 50$ (to read ebook and anything).
    When I spend money for something, I've only a simple request: that afterwards it belong to me.
    What if someday login in your facebook account you're required to accept yet-another-update license agreement saying you're a total idiot? Quit Facebook, join Diaspora*
    my webcomics ~ my diasp*

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    Actually, there's a "background task completion" service that allows you to run arbitrary threads in the background for up to 10 minutes before the OS forces it to quit. A lot of IM clients use that.

On the upside, it limits any "battery draining" effects of backgrounding to 10 minutes worth of usage, but on the downside, it only lasts for 10 minutes and isn't suitable for keeping an IRC client open for hours.

I think it's a good balance that captures the most important usecase for multitasking -- switching away from an app for a moment to take care of an email/text and being able to continue where you left off.
    I really think that should be up to the developers, and not Apple. It's nice to hear that I wasn't completely wrong on this one, although I guess many tech blogs have been overstating the limitations. Sorry I got caught up in that, and sorry to all of you if I came off as arrogant. I often do when I'm very sure I'm right about something.

Beans

Ive read thru this whole friggin thread.......

...and no mention of UBUNTU?? What the...!!

Im thinking of getting an iphone4 and want to know will it work with 8.04 and 9.10? I guess I'll have to read thru the other threads to find out.
    If little knowledge is dangerous. Show me the man who has so much knowledge that he is out of danger!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by maxpathan View Post
    Ive read thru this whole friggin thread.......

...and no mention of UBUNTU?? What the...!!

Im thinking of getting an iphone4 and want to know will it work with 8.04 and 9.10? I guess I'll have to read thru the other threads to find out.
    Depends on what you want it to do. You won't be able to sync music with it unless you're at 10.04. No version of Ubuntu can update the firmware on the device, and you can't really back up the device from Linux either.

If you're an iPhone owner, it's absolutely helpful to have a copy of the real iTunes environment around for occasional syncing/updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345