Thread: Brasero refuses to eject disk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Brasero refuses to eject disk

Hi.
    I am using Brasero 2.30.2 on Ubuntu 10.04. The problem is that whenever I use Brasero to burn any CD/DVD, it burns it but refuses to eject, although I always select the option to eject disk after burning. Instead, it displays a message saying something like "Please eject the disk manually to finish the burning process". Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Brasero refuses to eject disk

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade209 View Post
    Hi.
    I am using Brasero 2.30.2 on Ubuntu 10.04. The problem is that whenever I use Brasero to burn any CD/DVD, it burns it but refuses to eject, although I always select the option to eject disk after burning. Instead, it displays a message saying something like "Please eject the disk manually to finish the burning process". Any ideas on what might be causing this?
    Usually when I run into problems with ejecting or unmounting media, it's because I've done some boneheaded thing like left a file browser open looking at a USB drive or blank CD. Since the file browser is "using" the resources, the computer will refuse to unmount it automatically.

You wouldn't happen to be doing the same, would you?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

nope, its a blank CD or DVD - i wudnt b browsing tht; and it happens every single time, ever since i installed 10.04.

Beans

I see the same behavior on Natty, also on Maverick. Did you ever find a workaround?