Thread: lvm, mdadm and usb = }:-|

Beans

lvm, mdadm and usb = }:-|

I've searched far and wide for this, came across many similar-yet-different posts and now I humble myself before the ever wise community...

Running Dapper Drake on a simple server, and have physical/root access...

Problem: using mdadm I created a raid1 array and extended a logical volume using lvm2... everything worked and it was beautiful... that is, until I rebooted and everything went south. mdadm runs before the usb disk is mounted and of course it "cannot find the physical device"... I've tried adding a rootdelay but this does not work. I believe the problem is associated with the initrd image since when I delete this line from the grub startup sequence mdadm does not try to run, but the problem then becomes that the booting sequence cannot find the root partition...

Anyway, I am armed with my Ubuntu live CD but have no idea how to chroot myself back into the system as the root partition is a partition of the LV. Essentially I need to tell mdadm to run after the usb disk is mounted.

I'm trying to keep this succinct, but if anyone is willing to help I can/will provide more details. Thanks in advance.

zbot

Beans

Re: lvm, mdadm and usb = }:-|

bump...