Thread: 10.04 and anything to do with CD's

Beans

10.04 and anything to do with CD's

In 10.04 . . . all of a sudden my cd player won't work . . . I can download a mp3 from amazon but can't get my player to open up so no transfer . . . Seems like anything to do with cd doesn't work.....

plus the burner isn't working either....... ?? I tried to burn a CD download because the mp3 player wouldn't open and it didn't write....brassero. I applied the required apps and stuff but still no go.

what's up with 10.04? anything? Should I back up to the last app that seemed to work flawless? 9.10 I think it was.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: 10.04 and anything to do with CD's

Quote Originally Posted by jwalters View Post
    In 10.04 . . . all of a sudden my cd player won't work . . . I can download a mp3 from amazon but can't get my player to open up so no transfer . . . Seems like anything to do with cd doesn't work.....

plus the burner isn't working either....... ?? I tried to burn a CD download because the mp3 player wouldn't open and it didn't write....brassero. I applied the required apps and stuff but still no go.

what's up with 10.04? anything? Should I back up to the last app that seemed to work flawless? 9.10 I think it was.
    Have you installed ubuntu-restricted-extras?
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install ubuntu-restricted-extras
    Help me out! Go make a dropbox account from this link to get me more space! https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTU2ODUyNDY5 (You get the bonus space too!)