Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there a restore point in ubuntu?

Beans

Re: is there a restore point in ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxzs View Post
    hi guys

i just want to know if there is a restore point in ubuntu like in windows, i want to install ubuntu, one of our pc in office since its just for paperworks cause their main problem is viruses and i think it can help them if i install and teach them how to use ubuntu. before i do. i want to know if there is some kind of restore point in ubuntu,

it could help me a lot to maintain the said pc.

--
    Kung multiple stations ang kailangan mong i maintain, I would suggest using CloneZilla: http://clonezilla.org/ para siyang Norton Ghost / Acronis True Image ng windows. Pwede kang mag create ng initial IMAGE ng ubuntu, save it sa network folder, then use clonezilla to restore to original settings.

To backup naman yung documents / files, you can try Deja Dup Backup https://launchpad.net/deja-dup very easy to configure, simple and effective, pwede mo rin gawan ng schedule for automatic backup.

So in summary: CloneZilla to create image of the OS, Deja Dup Backup for the docs.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DarkZhadow View Post
    Kung multiple stations ang kailangan mong i maintain, I would suggest using CloneZilla: http://clonezilla.org/ para siyang Norton Ghost / Acronis True Image ng windows. Pwede kang mag create ng initial IMAGE ng ubuntu, save it sa network folder, then use clonezilla to restore to original settings.

To backup naman yung documents / files, you can try Deja Dup Backup https://launchpad.net/deja-dup very easy to configure, simple and effective, pwede mo rin gawan ng schedule for automatic backup.

So in summary: CloneZilla to create image of the OS, Deja Dup Backup for the docs.
    Yes, there is...Download "Ubuntu Tweak" , open it. Look for "Recovery"do snap shot. That will be your restore point.
    To restore open Ubuntu tweak-recovery-restore. that's it!!!

Thanks.

Beans

Unhappy Re: is there a restore point in ubuntu?

15 years without a need to restore is good but they thats the everyday case, as such they should provide this feature. A week ago i install ubuntu 12.04, and right now I am about to do reinstall as from yesterday it just keeps crashing for no apparent reason. It was working fine the day before; so there...a case where system restore would be the BEST solution as I have already configured the environment to my likings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by savanny1976 View Post
    Yes, there is...Download "Ubuntu Tweak" , open it. Look for "Recovery"do snap shot. That will be your restore point.
    To restore open Ubuntu tweak-recovery-restore. that's it!!!

Thanks.
    ... hindi ko sya makita sa Ubuntu Tweak 0.5.14 (Natty)
    anything is possible, make it happen!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

pwede na siguro remastersys or resync gamitin pang system backup after install at configure sa system.
    Last edited by Script Warlock; July 17th, 2012 at 04:00 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Script Warlock View Post
    remastersys
    Remastersys FTW!

Ito ang ginagamit ko para makagawa ng updated ISO with my tweaks and customizations. Ang daling makapag-restore ng complete and updated system. Only takes as much time as an ordinary installation of Ubuntu from scratch (typically within 20 minutes).

Beans

Yes, of course, you may supply this command to install some additional tools from sources.

sudo apt-get install backintime-common backintime-gnome

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxzs View Post
    hi guys

i just want to know if there is a restore point in ubuntu like in windows, i want to install ubuntu, one of our pc in office since its just for paperworks cause their main problem is viruses and i think it can help them if i install and teach them how to use ubuntu. before i do. i want to know if there is some kind of restore point in ubuntu,

it could help me a lot to maintain the said pc.

--

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

yan din natanong ko before ako mag-switch on ubuntu, kung may backup/recovery plan ba? hopefully, meron naman... as suggested by other members, just used that is convenient to you.

May na-encountered na ako problems in terms of maintenance lalo kapag walang backup or recovery. In windows hindi ko ginagamit yung system restore point nila, norton ghost or acronis. About sa ubuntu, lagi ako ng babackup particularly kapag may bagong updates, before may inupdate ako sa system after the reboot, hindi na gumana yung ubuntu system may error lumabas. that's the recovery came in handy.
    -ubuntu philippines member id -Website : Jcyberinux
    -rjdreyes po, tangkilikin ang atin. - LINUX USER : 525764

Beans

Has anyone heard of deja-dup? I just totally screwed up my Ubuntu 3.10 by attempting to install nVidia drivers and "restoring" to an earlier backup date, totally fixed. Go to Dash and type deja-dup. Install it if you don't already have it, then quickly make a backup.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Closed, necromancy. Old thread closed.
    For more info on UEFI boot install & repair - Regularly Updated :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12