Ubuntu doesn't accept DVD-RWs
there's one major issue left preventing Ubuntu from running flawlessly on my machine.
Ubuntu doesn't recognize DVD-RWs once written on. The problem occurred with my old drive (LG GSA-H55N) as well with my new drive (Samsung SH-S222L).
- I'm using Sony DVD-RW (1x-2x speed)
- Ubuntu only recognizes blank DVD-RWs
- once written on - no matter whether written by Brasero or Windows 7 - Ubuntu isn't showing any drive in Nautilus nor in Brasero after putting in the DVD
- therefore I can't even erase them
- both of the drives as well as the DVD-RWs are working perfectly fine on Windows 7 (erasing, writing)
Please help me. I managed to get all other things working by now. My system is close to perfection and this is the only remaining major issue.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates? oO