Thread: Making A Live USB Ubuntu on Mac.

Beans

Making A Live USB Ubuntu on Mac.

Hi all,

I am writing in order to find information on making a Live USB with Ubuntu with a Mac.
    I have a laptop that Im going to install Ubuntu but I cannot use it to make the Live USB for various reasons.

In the past, I used on my laptop the "Unetbootin" software to make a Ubuntu Live USB and it did worked well. Now, I just realized that Unetbootin can only be used with Linux or Windows so I would really appreciate if someone could provide information and maybe name a software that could be useful to me to do this task.

Looking forward hearing some ideas.

V.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Making A Live USB Ubuntu on Mac.

Beans

Re: Making A Live USB Ubuntu on Mac.

I am not a Mac user but I checked the Ubuntu documentation for you:

There is an unresolved issue in that you cannot create a bootable USB stick from within Mac OSX. You must create the stick in Linux or Windows.

Beans

Thank you very much!

I guess Ill have to spent some time at my local "internet cafe" this evening and get it done.

I really appreciate it.
    Thank you!

Beans

You're welcome!
    I think it is kind of ironic that you can't easily install Ubuntu from a Mac, since they went out of their way to make 10.04 more OSX-like in appearance.

Beans

I have never used an earlier version of Ubuntu 10.04 so Im not really in position to made comparisons. Im coming from a Windows background (I grow up with this and never got to master it) and Im really new to OSX too!
    Im looking forward getting Ubuntu back on my system and Im not missing Windows at all.

I think Ubuntu is the red pill..