Thread: How to sync contacts between Samsung Wave S8500 mobile and Ubuntu 9.04

Beans

How to sync contacts between Samsung Wave S8500 mobile and Ubuntu 9.04

Hi!
    How may I sync contacts, sms, calendar, and other data if possible, between the Samsung Wave S8500 mobile that runs the BADA os, and my Ubunu 9.04, perhaps via Bluetooth or via usb-cable, on my MacBookPro 5,1.
    So far, [W/G]ammu seems to make no specific mention of this mobile-model.
    Please help. Phone-backups are obviously important. I have my contacts in Evolution 2.26.1

Thanks.

Niyam

Beans

Re: How to sync contacts between Samsung Wave S8500 mobile and Ubuntu 9.04

All right folks! While waiting for gammu/wammu fixes, I found a quick workaround to this problem. The alternative is to use my gmail account.
    1) Transfer all my contacts as a vcf file to my gmail account so my entries appear in gmail's contacts.
    2) Use 'ActiveSync' on the samsung wave to sync all my contacts, calendars, and tasks with the phone.

More details to the steps here:
    http://niyam.com/blog/2010/08/sync-y...to-ms-outlook/

However, am still waiting for a gammu/wammu fix whenever it's available.

~
    niyam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: How to sync contacts between Samsung Wave S8500 mobile and Ubuntu 9.04

Well, I have the same problem.

I have seen a phone entry in Gammu's database which is Samsung GT S8500. As far as I can google, this phone does not exist and the substitue search is Samsung S8500 being the Wave. So maybe someone put it in wrong. Still, I have no idea how to connect the phone as I don't understand what to do with the information given on the Gammu's database for this 'alternative' phone..

P.S. Can you do your syncing also if you only have Ubuntu?
    Last edited by Ampi; October 17th, 2010 at 03:37 PM.
    desktop: Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit | AMD64 Athlon II X3 | 3.2 GHz | 4GB RAM | ATI Radeon HD4250
    netbook: Ubuntu 12.10 32-bit| AAO ZG5 | Intel Atom | 1.6 GHz | 1GB RAM | Intel 945GSE Express