Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 - Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problems

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 - Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problems

Quote Originally Posted by singho View Post
    SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED !!!!!!

After suffering the same problem starting from 10.04 release, think I hit on the workaround.

My MSFT Wireless keyboard receiver was connected using the PS2 connectors (Purple for Keyboard and Green for Mouse)

Solution is to disconnect both the PS2 connections and connect the Wireless receiver using the USB connector ONLY. NO PS2 keyboard or mouse connected.

Spose it works in your case but not mine.i am running ubuntu 9.10 (linux kernel2.6.31-22-generic). i have tried to install 10.10 and 10.04 from a live disc
    (mouse freezes and keyboard fails completely in both instances). tried upgrade from 9.04 with system>Administration>Update manager. system froze running a pentium 4 (3.06ghz) 2 gig Ram. I am using microsoft media desktop 1000 wireless keyboard and mouse CONNECTED to a USB HUB. The BATTERIES DONT need changing cause well i am writing this using them on my Karmic machine. Luckily i kept all back ups on a removable hd so the reinstall of Karmic went relatively smooth and painless. Is there anybody who can give me some helpful advise other than telling me to go and buy a cheap keyboard and mouse (defeats the object of this problem).

Beans

I have the exact same problem were the key is locked and repeats infinit until pressed again. This went away a short period in 10.10 and now it's back again in 11.04.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eldamario View Post
    I have the exact same problem were the key is locked and repeats infinit until pressed again. This went away a short period in 10.10 and now it's back again in 11.04.
    Same here

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 - Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problems - My workaround

So this workaround works in my setup, not sure if it would work in yours. A savvy engineer could probably infer what is going on based on the workaround, but unfortunately I'm not that savvy!

So I never have issues at the login prompt. One time while testing the issue we are all talking about I typed a bad password (had something resting on a key) .. I erased it, then logged in and noticed I did not get the normal failure (I was testing this by immediately opening a console and start typing). Now on each boot I type maybe 30 to 40 characters to the login prompt, erase them, repeat, then login properly and hey presto, no issue (well maybe once in 100 logins it hangs in the same way) .. but otherwise ok.

I am using a Dell laptop:

• I don't get the issue when I use the laptop keyboard
    • I don't get the issue when I use a wired keyboard
    • I didn't get the issue when using 9.10

PITA .. something changed and I can't work out what.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 - Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problems - My workaround

fyi .. just tried connecting via USB only (using PS2 to USB adapter for the keyboard that was PS2) and have not seen a problem since

so the issue is somewhere in the PS2 handlers

Beans

Bringing back an old thread,

Same problem on 12.04, well mint 13 actually and on new raspberry pi.

Changed the proximity and the batteries, no change.

I dont want to go back to wired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12