Thread: "Connect Network Registry" Grayed out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

"Connect Network Registry" Grayed out

Wine provides a handy regedit for its own registry however when going to the "registry" button i came across a problem. I cannot connect to a remote registry because the "connect Network Registry" button is grayed out. Could i get some help?

Thanks
    Think of the minutes of boot time I will save!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: "Connect Network Registry" Grayed out

Quote Originally Posted by blagosphere View Post
    Wine provides a handy regedit for its own registry however when going to the "registry" button i came across a problem. I cannot connect to a remote registry because the "connect Network Registry" button is grayed out. Could i get some help?

Thanks
    I checked the source code. That function isn't implemented yet.

Out of interest, why do you want to do this? I might be able to offer some alternative help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Out of interest, why do you want to do this? I might be able to offer some alternative help.
    Well i was looking into remote controlling other systems (XP) that may not have the "allow remote control" option already enabled. I learned that by a simple regedit of one entry will enable the feature and it is easier to do it remotely than to physically go to the system.
    Think of the minutes of boot time I will save!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by blagosphere View Post
    Well i was looking into remote controlling other systems (XP) that may not have the "allow remote control" option already enabled. I learned that by a simple regedit of one entry will enable the feature and it is easier to do it remotely than to physically go to the system.
    If you want to request the feature, you can file a bug at http://bugs.winehq.org